585,763 active members*
4,132 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > NEED HELP RS232 communication for ACRAMATIC 2100

NEED HELP RS232 communication for ACRAMATIC 2100

hi all

I need some help, I am trying to establish a RS232 communication between a CINCINNATI MILACRON ARROW100 with ACRAMATIC 2100E control (year 1997) and PC,

could someone tell me what kind of cable do I need because I don't have any manuals for the machine, also I need information how to establish DNC(dreep feed), I am using Cimco software to transfer NC-programs.

I have NO experiance with this control so any help would be welcome...

thank you all in advance

Why not install an Ethernet card and transfer your programs directly into the machine without drip feed?

I didnt think you would need to drip feed programs into this control the memory storage is pretty descent .I use cimco on my hawke and arrow to transfer programs via rs232 if you are using a lap top you will need to get the rs232 to usb converter,then you will need to configure the correct port on the computor your using, theres a couple of small ajustments on the a2100 which I cant remember at this moment but if you need them I can dig through some of may data and let you know.Regards Greg.

Hi when you hit the transfer program button and then transfer program in
    select the advanced tab to get the drip feed options.
    steve

Talking

Sir is not neccessary install any ethernet board or any other thing.

Only have to check the configuration of the communication software and put it into the A2100.

If you need help. I will send the configuration options directly to your mail.

If yu can email me the exact instructions for getting Bobcad to send files to the Acramatic 2100E controller I would appreciate it. [email protected]

Re: NEED HELP RS232 communication for ACRAMATIC 2100

does anyone have instruction on how to set up Ethernet on the 2100E control. I have the cable's just not sure how to set the Machine Control up for Ethernet?? This machine was set up on Ethernet at one time but the owner has forgot how to set it back up.

Red face Re: NEED HELP RS232 communication for ACRAMATIC 2100

Quote Originally Posted by cncven View Post
    Sir is not neccessary install any ethernet board or any other thing.

Only have to check the configuration of the communication software and put it into the A2100.

If you need help. I will send the configuration options directly to your mail.
    Hi CNCVEN
    Can you please help me - pm me as I have a2100 i need to get connected... PLEEEAASSEEEE