584,850 active members*
4,351 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Talking My V2XT finially lands in my garage!

Hey all!
    Last night was the big day of delivery for my V2XT. Took about an hour'n a half to get it to the final resting point but the process was smooth and well planned. At one point it looked as though my height measurments were off as the garage door appreared to be too low. In the end we had lots of room (amost 3/8 of an inch) to slip it under.
    Here's a link of the mill on the fork lift. I'd tried to upload to a photo gallery but had no luck. I'll keep trying though.

Lots to figure out now. I was very happy to see that the rotary axis was a bridgeport supplied unit that came with original machine order. Also, there appears to be two coolant systems, the original flood coolant and a "Kool Mist" unit that's been added on.

The electronics cabinette is very clean and in good shape and in side I found the original Bridgeport OS disk, drivers for the video card and a two wireing schematic.

I'll probably not power this unit up for some time as I want to go over it as per the recomendations I've read on other threads on the forum.

Anywho, I'll be appreciative of any advice and suggestions you all may offer.

Owen ( 9 1/2)

9 1/2
    B.C.I.T. Machinist CNC

9 1/2
    B.C.I.T. Machinist CNC

New Mill

Nice looking mill This look's like one of the urben legen's want add{ drill press estate sale bring fork lift? }or was it the late BPT reps estate sale and he forgot to turn in his demo's circa 1984 good luck look's real clean and in ex shape I'm sure there will be plenty of help from the zone Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

Over all this unit seems to be in excellent condition. Obviously I've not powered it up yet, still need to buy my VFD and go over the entire machine.

One question though, first of many I'm sure, what is the air line connection on the back of the 4th axis for?
    9 1/2
    B.C.I.T. Machinist CNC

Brake.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by machintek View Post
    Brake.

George
    So I would assume the line would be connected from the mill and not directly from a compressor then?
    What would a break be used for on the rotary? Like a homing break or locating pin?
    George could you please you elaborate a little?
    9 1/2
    B.C.I.T. Machinist CNC

Hello. My name is Duain. I have a v2xt and I am missing the software disc and manual. could a copy be bought from You? Mine powers up but needs software to run.
    Thanks
    Duain

Post got mine no software or manual

Hello. I purchased a v2xt and it mechanicaly is in great shape. Just one problem no software to run it. Oouch. triing to find software and or manuals for this machine so I can see if I need to replace control to something newer.
    Thanks for your help.
    Duain

I also recently purchased a bridgeport v2xt d32 without the software or manual can anyone help me out? Thanks any help greatly appreciated.

Air line may also be for tool holder

Quote Originally Posted by DandDmachine View Post
    Hello. I purchased a v2xt and it mechanicaly is in great shape. Just one problem no software to run it. Oouch. triing to find software and or manuals for this machine so I can see if I need to replace control to something newer.
    Thanks for your help.
    Duain
    I've got a V2XT with the DX32 control running product on the weekends and I could copy the manual and the software. Let me get it together next weekend and see if it will all fit on one 1.44 floppy.

Re: My V2XT finially lands in my garage!

Get her up and running?

Re: My V2XT finially lands in my garage!

7 years later did you finally get power to her? Lol