585,727 active members*
3,995 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SheetCam > my program keeps coming up with an error on the CNC machine once exported

Cool my program keeps coming up with an error on the CNC machine once exported

Hi,

I have drawn this file using google sketch and then imported it into sheet cam where I have put my tooling around the file and then exported it to my bosch cc100 router.

When I then run a dry run I am getting an error.

Could someone take a look at this file and see if there is something wrong with the drawing or is it when I am exporting it that the issue is being created.

I am really confused about why this is happening as we have created many files and every so ofter we get one that just keeps failing no matter how many times we re-draw the file.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance.

If you need anymore information let me know.

Re: my program keeps coming up with an error on the CNC machine once exported

I imported the file into Aspire and it was approx. 400 X 450 inches!!!. Also, the lines and end points were not closed so that may causing your error also.
    Here is the file after closing the end points, its still massive 33 x 35 feet. Maybe its a inch/millimeter issue.

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: my program keeps coming up with an error on the CNC machine once exported

Quote Originally Posted by ukchoiceshops View Post
    Hi,

I have drawn this file using google sketch and then imported it into sheet cam where I have put my tooling around the file and then exported it to my bosch cc100 router.

When I then run a dry run I am getting an error.

I would appreciate any feedback.

I opened it in Surfcam and it came in Ok. apt for machining, and by you being in UK I understand that the dimensions are confidently in mm.
    Open it with SolidWorks, and I was able to create a solid extrude.
    Open it with Part Modeler, was recognized as draw but not as a geometry capable to do anything with it.
    Conclusion: after 22+ years of being a Surfcam Reseller / User I think your outfit CAD and CAM combination is not working very good. Most of the times the problem resides in the translators,
    For instance, the figures in the corners and the ½ turn that looks like a radius are geometrically speaking a string of short segments of lines; and I don´t believe that's what you want.
    I would suggest you to get a suite of full CAD/CAM capabilities, with this type of outfit you´ll be working in a friendlier environment with more consistent better results.
    Mario