585,931 active members*
3,736 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MPC6515 and LacerCut 5.3

Hello,

I'm new to laser CNC machines and need some help.

I've recently purchased a used Chinese laser engraving machine with a new laser tube. The machine uses the MPC6515 controller and it came with a USB key and a CD containing drivers and LaserCut 5.3. The firmware version on the controller is 3.0.3.

The machine is working 100%. I was able to cut and engrave some of the files left stored in the controller. And I installed the drivers, the USB key and LaserCut without problems. But I am having trouble connecting the machine to the computer via USB and cutting files exported to a USB stick via LaserCut and loaded into the machine. When starting the loaded file the machine would only give an endless beep, and the only thing I can do is turn the machine off and then back on. When I connect it to the computer via USB, the machine is not recognized, and when I try to export the cut in LaserCut directly to the machine I get a "Communication is broken for timeout..." error.

Any help would be appreciated!

Unhappy

I really need help with this. Searched the forum and the web but couldn't find a solution.

Put here more detailed information about model, put pictures.
    Did you tried different USB cables?

Thank you for your replay, Litografa.

The machine is MBL YH-G5030, but i think it's branded (no word about the machine on the MBL web site). I belive the manufacturer to be www.laserworld.com.cn. Yesterday I installed a firmware I downloaded from www.leetro.com. Now I can create a file in LaserCut, export it to a USB stick and output it on the machine. But still not able to connect the machine to the computer. I tried two different USB cables, and three computers all of them running Windows XP SP3. The current firmaware is 4.1.0.18. When I tried tp install any newer version, the machine would only display the "System starting..." screen. I also discovered another problem. Tried to engrave two different files, and the machine would sporadicly just stop after a few minutes of engraving. I also got burnt/melt corners when tried to cut something because the machine slows down too much at the corners. Any idea how to avoid this?

Sorry, looks like you have software/board problem. Best way is contact with manufacturer. Or wait when somebody will help you here

What I don't suggest to you for the future is downloading firmware from one site and installation into laser made by another manufacturer. It could help, but could also damage your laser mainboard.

Hi just read your post I have been doing some reading on this same controller as I have one on the way anyway not sure if you have seen this may be of some help.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63264

Thank you.
    I installed the 4.1.0.13 firmware and now the engraving is OK. But still can't connect to the computer via USB.

I had to reload the print drivers to get the machine to connect through the USB cable - It has to be connected and then go through the "new hardware found" process- It took me a while to get it to find the appropriate file but once it had, everything was fine. Up until them, I have been using a USB stick to upload files

In my case it may be that the controller is faulty. I get no "Found new hardware..." message. Nothing at all.

If you are cutting and engraving using a memory stick , then I dont see how it could be the controller. I will have a look tonight and see where I had to put the drivers for it to be recognised.

If you go to the Device manager on you PC you should have a Stepservo device along with a MPC03 device off that. Right click the MPC03 device and update the driver - I think you have to have them on your desktop or somewhere you can easily access them - It worked that way for me.
    If you dont have this step servo file then you need to get a copy of it - I am pretty sure it came off my original setup disc came with a driver file named "ezusb" in the english USB directory .
    I am sorry but I did this some time ago and my memory of it is a bit hazy

I could be a windows problem.

Are you using XP or Vista? Many of these controllers are not working too well under Vista or Win7.

No its not a windows problem - We are both using XP - its a chinese software issue - It took a fair bit of time to try and get it to load up but once I found the correct link it was away

As mentioned before, I tried it three different computers running WinXP:SP3. I do have the original disc with software and drivers. I also downloaded them from the leetro web page. No luck with any of them. Will try the workaround in the device manager later and report back. When I said that it could be the controller, I was more thinking of the USB connector on the controller.

Re: MPC6515 and LacerCut 5.3

I am having the same issue. I have a G. Weike LC1290 and just installed the Lasercut 5.3. My old computer died so I bought a new one with windows 8 on it. I am hoping that someone has figured out how to use an updated computer with this system by now. The lasercut software appears to be working great. The issue is I can not get it to connect to the machine through the UsB cable. I also don't remember how to just run programs off the USB stick. Either would be fine. I would love to get the cable to work again but need to get this back up and running either way.

Re: MPC6515 and LacerCut 5.3

they have win8 driver for lasercut5.3 now
    tina from g.weike laser
    EMAIL: [email protected] SKYPE: lysunshine521