585,902 active members*
4,189 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mozaik Cabinet Software

I am about to try this new software (2012) that uses Google sketchup to provide the modeling. It looks very complete, and at $125/month is pretty reasonable.

Are any of you using this?

Re: Mozaik Cabinet Software

I can't recommend it. In some ways it's powerful, but it has a very clumsy interface and a LOT of bugs.

I thought what good value! Then I saw the actual cost - Products - Mozaik Software

I think you are probably better off with Cabinet Vision if you want the visual rendering combined with machine nc output automation. It also commands a price but at least it is tried and tested industry standard. It also is compatible with Sketchup.

I have been using CabinetVision for three years and am looking at going off on my own. Mozaik looks awful good to me. You have to agree for a three month trial (a whopping $375) with no continuing obligation - WAY cheaper than CV. Its written by the founders of CabinetVision. I'm guessing that rewriting from scratch has allowed real improvement. An inexperienced friend is trying it out & reports that he is quite happy. If all goes well I'll be getting it in a month or 6 weeks (but judging on my speed at rebuilding/configuring my machine it might be 2054 or so).

Hello,
    Did you try Mozaik Yet?
    How do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankmali17 View Post
    Hello,
    Did you try Mozaik Yet?
    How do you like it?
    I ended up getting recalled to work, so 2054 may be a real number. I can tell you however, that I used it for 15 minutes in my friend's office. Seemed OK to me, but he has since switched to CV. He was scared by the number of forum posts about Mozaik having bugs. I didn't have the heart to tell him that CV is not perfect (but WAY better since V8). If I had to choose one for a new business right now, it would be Mozaik. CV is way expensive, and after three years of full time use, I often feel like its just more difficult than it needs to be.

On a side rant, the corporate culture at Planit (maker of CV) is quite snooty as well - you can't even see their forums if you're not paying support (>1K yr). I am anxious for them to learn about competition.

Sorry not to offer more info, but you got all I had.