585,933 active members*
3,597 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Moshidraw 2014 Just stops half wa through

Well it looks like I got the issues takes care of with the calabration of the laser and I am now able to engrave.
    I and importing jpg files I put together in Photoshop so This is working. But sometimes the laser stops half way and I am stuck in a pattern.

Not sure if this is due to the laser getting to hot? I have chilled water in the cooler that I am using to pump through the laser. how cold does it need to be? Maybe this is the issue.

Also when I set the laser to cut Moshidraw 2014 does not work at all. any luck?

-J

Re: Moshidraw 2014 Just stops half wa through

So laser stops engraving/cutting while the program and machine keeps running?
    Or the machine engraves/cuts and halfway through, everything stops and goes back to home?
    KL-4530 CNC, KL-6060, 5 3D printers, CNC Fusion Converted LMS Milling Machine, 60w Laser Cutter

The laser stops engraving and stays in place and does not go to home.
    In MoshiDraw 2014 the status of the laser is closed.

I've found moshi will do that on larger engraves, It's not the greatest software unfortunately. I just do it over til it works when it does that, or adjust the amount of data going to the laser by changing the engrave settings to a coarser cut

Is there a better controller board I can switch to and get away from MoshiDraw all together?

yeah if you're usa side, check out California Sacramento CO2 laser engraving cutting machine & Parts. Purchase or rental. Electronics Supplier in Northern California for PID temperature controller,brushless dc water pump,laser controller,laser power supply

Laser & CNC has a lot of upgrades, a lot of people switch to the 608 for the k40, lasercut is better, still has issues but its more reliable. if not usa, i'd probably look into just going to alibaba/ebay to get the same controller.