584,817 active members*
4,742 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki lathes > Mori Seiki tl40 fanuc 10tf toolsetter problem

Mori Seiki tl40 fanuc 10tf toolsetter problem

Can anyone help me with some parameters for a Mori seiki TL40.
    I got the machine which had been lying for years with the memory batteries dead.
    Mori UK could not get the originals but sent me ones that they said might be close.
    Installing these got axis and spindle going.
    By guessing/setting timers and keep relays -from the ladder- everything works except the tool presetter.
    From the diagnostics I can see the write G27.0-.5 signals from the sensors and the DI/BMI 066.0--.1 change but nothing changes in the position or offsets pages.
    I have no manuals and little knowledge of Fanucs
    Could an option parameter be the problem or am I missing a keep relay?
    Hope someone can help before I crack up!!

Thanks in advance
    Bert

Re: Mori Seiki tl40 fanuc 10tf toolsetter problem

Yes, Mori will use keep relays (or d data ) to turn on and off presetters.

Attachment 274508Attachment 274510
    Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Yes, Mori will use keep relays (or d data ) to turn on and off presetters.
    Hi, Thanks for replying. The ladder shows the presetter on and the probe signals G27.xx seem to be passed to the cnc ok.
    Is there a write permit parameter or something missing which stops the cnc processing this.
    To set tool offset;; pull arm down;select mpg mode;press psm button and touch tool to setter.Is this correct?
    I see that type VDE should have different keep relay settings..how do i know if I have VDE type?
    Is the data table setup OK. see pic. I set d108 only, the other d data was there.

Bert

No way to know without the ladder book. That's were all the keep/ddata descriptions are. I would assume if your able to activate PSM mode, its active. To check, and actually using the presetter, I would pull the arm down, and pretend your setting a tool, using jog (the correct way to set tools) move the axis and press the button on the tool setter. If the axis stops, the presetter is active and it probably a parameter or option on the Fanuc side.

Thank you underthetire I wil try Mori again for circuit diagrams and a ladder diagram but I'm not to hopeful.

ah he said he doesnt know how to use it. it might actually work....

lower the arm
    rapid a tool somewhere near the arm buttons
    switch to the GEOMETRY OFFSET page and move the cursor up/down to the current tool
    press PSM button on panel
    in JOG mode and over-ride speed set at 10% move a tool until it touches the tool arm button
    make sure you watch the readout closely. if it doesnt stop let go of JOG before you damage the tool setter buttons ;-)

let us know if the tool stops/ geometry offset changes automatically or anything else happens

Here's the pages from my manual. Most of it should be relevant to your machine also.

One of the Presetter enable parameters is in the regular parameters (6412 bit 2). See the last page for the info.
    The other one is a PMC Keep Relay parameter and will be listed in the Ladder manual.
    A lot of the PMC parameters are common between Mori machines
    On my machine (Mori SL-253 with Fanuc 21i) the Presetter Enable parameter on the PMC side is K5 bit 7 = 0 (so 0xxxxxx where x = don't change/ignore)
    If you lost PMC parameters this will be 0 anyway.

the admin has set jpgs to be shrunk by half and *very* heavily compressed when uploaded (original jpgs were 2048x1536x400k each, uploads are 1024x768x100k each)
    they are still readable if you download the pics and view in a graphic viewing program (such as Windows Photo Viewer)
    if you read this and understand it you will know more about the tool presetter arm than most people with years of experience (since most people dont read manuals)

The TL40 F10TF is different. K5.7=1 is psmok =setter used.
    This enables the PSM button when the arm is down. Any mode other than handle will issue a machine error and associated warning light.
    touching the setter sends a gxxx to the cnc ok but no offset update occurs and the handle traverse is not stopped.
    Been through the cnc parmaters but all seem ok.Very likely to be an option parm problem.
    btw the pics are easily readible.
    Many thanks
    Bert

Do you have any other options set or are they all zero? for example do you have workshift G54-G59?
    For the arm to work it needs "Tool Length Measure/Direct Input Offset"
    Just off the top of my head and totally unrelated to anything regarding secret proprietary options, you could try randomly setting 9108 bit 3 = 1
    Personally I never use my arm. I prefer to set the tools manually because it's a lot quicker. Also my steady is usually in the way when the arm is down so I'd have to move the steady to set new tools which isn't ideal if my steady is already set in the correct place. It's just easier to put a part in the chuck and skim face/bore and measure the part then use geometry offset MEASURE button.

bit3 =1 ie 9108=hex 2C. G54-G59 works ok.
    We use the presetter on a hitachi seiki and find it superb,no need to worry about test cut feedrate or spindle speed.
    Your right though about the tailstock;hadn't thought about that.
    Thanks

your setting for 9108 shows the setter arm is enabled so there's obviously another one to enable something else related.
    you may end up having to get Fanuc out to fix it.

Thanks for your advise.Been in contact with Fanuc and they had the same problem on another machine.
    They figured it was down to a keep relay but were unable to resolve the problem due to the lack of data from Mori.
    Thanks again for your input

you really just need to get the ladder manual from Mori. with some analysis that will tell you what's missing.

Apparently SL 1..5 and TL 40 with Fanuc 10TF use the same ladder.
    I bought an SL5 ladder diagram,should have it next week.
    I may need your help later ..
    Thanks Again
    Bert