585,775 active members*
4,425 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > MJB SY6600 variable speed control HELP!!

MJB SY6600 variable speed control HELP!!

Hi,
    I have a MJB SY6600 variable speed control hooked up to a 1.5KW 3 phase motor. It will run the motor OK but I can not find anything in the manual (usual Chinese English hard to understand) about how to set the speed or direction of rotation. Can this be done from the panel on the inverter or is a separate unit needed? Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers
    Dean

Sorry this is in the wrong forum. Never done this before. Can I move it to a more suitable forum???

Re: MJB SY6600 variable speed control HELP!!

i have a copy of the manual . but i dont know how to post a pdf file on here. im trying to set up mine right now. i have a 2.2kw spindle though.
    all parameters can be changed from the panel on the VFD

function code f0.14 0=forward
    1=reverse
    this is according to the manual, but in reality it is reversed.

for the speed im still trying to work that out. i cant get mine to spin more than a second without it shutting down.

Quote Originally Posted by carter j View Post
    i have a copy of the manual . but i dont know how to post a pdf file on here. im trying to set up mine right now. i have a 2.2kw spindle though.
    all parameters can be changed from the panel on the VFD

function code f0.14 0=forward
    1=reverse
    this is according to the manual, but in reality it is reversed.

for the speed im still trying to work that out. i cant get mine to spin more than a second without it shutting down.
    Thanks carter,
    I do have a copy of the manual and it is available off the internet. I had some inspiration and tried pressing run and then the up arrow or down arrow. While the motor is running (or at least after the run button has been pressed) the speed will change. Hold the button for a while as it does not speed up or down immediately. The Hertz which are displayed will change and this determines the speed. the selected speed (Hertz) stay as set until changed even after power down.
    I tried the reversing and mine worked according to the manual. It depends on the initial wiring up of the motor. To reverse the motor permanently swap two of the 3 wires going to the motor. I put the reverse into the M-FUNC key as it does not stay in reverse once the motor is stopped. (also it wont reverse until it is already running in the forward direction.) Change f0.13 to 1 and the key then changes the direction of rotation.

ahh yeah, i should have thought of that. ill change the wiring next weekend.
    i missed a function on the motor spec so thats why mine wouldnt start, got that sorted now.

next... mach3 set up.