585,880 active members*
7,268 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Mazak CNC Mill VTC -16B Fault Codes, won't start.

Question Mazak CNC Mill VTC -16B Fault Codes, won't start.

I have an issue with a Mazak CNC VTC-16B. Not wanting to always power up. I am getting an F1–56, F2-56 and F3–56 faults on the board in the back of the machine. I'm needing help with these exact faults. I do have more information on the circuit board, pictures of the inside of the machine, and pictures of the Mach. Info. tags. Thx!

Optional Information:
    Make: Mazak
    Model: VTC-16B
    Year: 1995

Re: Mazak CNC Mill VTC -16B Fault Codes, won't start.

Don't have a clue about the Mazak or the likes...

But once our Bridgeport shut down... and that was it, NO GO! We were busy, and could not afford to be down. So we did not hesitate, and called the Repair Service company... the guy drove 80 miles to get there,
    and walked in the door, and from 50 feet away, in a very mean voice, grumbled; "Put some oil in it!". And then walked out.

It was a new machine to us, and we had forgot to fill the Auto Oiler tank, and when it got low... the machine stopped. We did not think to look at the codes.

My Haas also watched the oil, coolant, drive temp. and servo temp. as well as motors.... all could stop the machine.

Also on some older machines, just making sure all the boards are properly seated, can reduce odd errors. Loose cables and so forth.

Anyway, food for thought...
    Robot & Machine Design - BLUECNC4, GreenCNC3, RedCNC2L, SilverCNC2; CNC Software!
    www.truemachinedesign.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - www.truemachineautomation.com

Thx so much, I will def. look into those things you mentioned and get back with an answer.

I have done extensive troubleshooting today and I found that the SF-PW power supply for the SF-CA board inside the FREQROL spindle controller (FR-SF) was bad.

Good job, hope they are not hard to get, or it can be replaced with something near the same.

Glad something was found... I love it when you get a absolute answer... to a complex problem.
    Robot & Machine Design - BLUECNC4, GreenCNC3, RedCNC2L, SilverCNC2; CNC Software!
    www.truemachinedesign.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - www.truemachineautomation.com