584,850 active members*
4,390 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Max100

Max100

Let me start by paying some respect where respect is dye: to Jim Colt for simply astonishing amount of information and guidance given on several forums, Hypertherm for manufacturing products that deserve utmost respect and proving to be extremly reliable and at prices that undoubtedly justify the investment in a very short period in time.
    Now, the bad news and the not so bad news :
    The bad: i ordered a used Max100 that i know from experience is undestructable piece of hardware ( more on that below) but unfortunately got a Thermal Dynamics Pak Master 9e.
    The not so bad: we have another Max100 that we use on daily basis for 17 months all day long mounted on a 3.5X2 meter CNC, got it used for 1800 eur and it is by far the best investment ever..........until today. It will not start an arc.
    I have to go tomorrow to have a look at it since today i had no time and report back the findings.
    Stay tuned.....
    Tom

Re: Max100

Update:
    After actualy checking it all is good. Narrowed it down to a leak in the torch and after a bitt of cleaning it works perfectly.
    Again, thank's to Hypertherm and Jim for the wealth of info here, otherwise i would have spent the day looking at all the wrong places.
    Regards,
    Tom