585,670 active members*
4,143 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam x5 Help!!

Mastercam x5 Help!!

Hello, I am trying to scale and image in xyz on mastercam, i can get it to look right on mastercam, but when i save it as a dxf and view it it is all jacked up, Pleas help!

Re: Mastercam x5 Help!!

Is everything on the top view, on the X,Y plane?

Yes, We have a cnc plasma at work, its pretty old stuff, it has sigmanest on it, so i recently got mastercam and have been creating parts on it and saving them as dxf files and then importing them into sigmanest, its been working great, but i used rast2vec, to upload a picture, and i scaled it out in xyz to size and saved it to dxf so i could load it on the plasma, and when i view it as dxf it is all over the place, the lines and arcs are all off, Any help is really appreciated

It may be something simple, i know if i scale in uniform it comes out fine, but i cant get it to the size i need, as soon as i scale in the x direction it throws everything off when i view,

it could be as easy as saving it as a an older veirson dfx like a 2002 or an r13

Quote Originally Posted by Shide View Post
    it could be as easy as saving it as a an older veirson dfx like a 2002 or an r13
    +1

also if you scale axes independently ( not uniform ), a circle becomes an ellipse, which in Mastercam is output as a spline ( polyline ) which may be what is giving the problems
    - convert all splines to lines & arcs, you will have to play around with your procedures & settings to get it right, as many,many lines gives large files & slows your machine down as it executes them

I really appreciate the replies guys, Superman, What you said is exactly right, thats what it is doing, i just didnt know how to convert the splines and the procedure to get it right, Im pretty new to mastercam, teaching myself.