584,861 active members*
5,016 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam X startup error

Mastercam X startup error

I am taking mastercam x2 at a local college. We have more hasps than computers. The instructor said we could use their hasps (in class) with our own laptops. I downloaded Mastercam X2 SP1 and installed it. It said the maintenance was not current for that version and to download an earlier version. I downloaded X and installed it. On start up with the hasp installed it says

"The procedure entry point?GetmastercamResourceHandle@@TAPAUHINSTANCE_@ @XZ could not be located in the dynamic linc library Mastercam.exe"

Both versions of the software said this after I downloaded the X. I uninstalled X2 sp1 and X still says the same thing.

Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know what the "Educational" version costs and what it can do? They have no prices on any web site and all want you to call a reseller. I hate it when a company is ashamed to post their prices. If the product is worth it then they should step up and show the cost, the quality will sell it. I realy like the Haas site for this reason, up front prices on their web page including all options.

Thanks for any help,

JIM

I got it to work. I completely uninstalled everything mastercam related including the hasp drivers and reloaded X only. It works fine now. Still wondering about the student versions, I guess I will have to deal with a salesman to find out the price and what it does...

I believe if you call a reseller they will send you a demo cd. It will do everything but you can not save or post. I hope this helps.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Here is a little information from the CNC Software (Mastercam) website.

http://www.mastercam.com/TeachersStu...s/Default.aspx

The Mastercam Educational Suite
    Mastercam is dedicated to schools, technical colleges, universities, and all educational facilities that aim to deliver the best in industrial CNC programming skills to their students. To help maintain a strong link between education and industry, we offer extremely attractive pricing on our Educational Suite.

The Mastercam Educational Suite delivers the full power of the world’s #1 CAM system in one affordable package. The suite contains everything you and your students will need now – and in the future, including:

CAD modeling in wireframe, surfaces and solids.
    Milling for everything from basic pockets and contours to complex multi-axis parts.
    Turning made easy with options for Mill/Turn applications.
    Wire EDM tools designed for easy programming of 2 and 4-axis parts.
    Router programming with functions for woodworking applications.

Because the Mastercam Educational Suite is a comprehensive package, your students can learn many machining methods all in a single, easy-to-learn program. And if you want to use CAD files from any of today’s leading packages such as AutoDesk, AutoDesk Inventor, or SolidWorks, you can open them directly in Mastercam, ready for programming.

Feature-for-feature, Mastercam delivers more CAD/CAM design and programming tools than any other package. An investment in the specially-priced Educational Suite ensures your students have today’s leading software at their fingertips – without breaking your budget.

Open a World of Creativity For Your Students
    Mastercam Art is a unique product that adds an artistic flair on CAD/CAM. A simple, fast process takes hand drawings, clipart, photos and more, and turns them into beautifully sculpted art in minutes. Students can visually adjust their model, delivering the exact 3D look they imagined. Mastercam Art is an optional add-on to the Mastercam Educational Suite.

And you need to contact education. and they will tell you were the local education dealer is for you.
    Your collage is not to smart to give out there keys and to top it off there maint has expired well they must be teaching you the latest I see.
    I start my new class in weeks3 and I go in next week to install X3 for all my new students coming in for advance.

You also may want to look into this http://www.mastercam.com/Support/Cer...n/Default.aspx

And remember we do answer questions here.
    Review the picture below post this picture of yours and I can tell you what it can run and what is the last version you can run.

PS I just found this one in my drawer and I see I need new codes for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EDUhasp.JPG  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

MasterCAM Used Hasp

Hey, Guys,
    I'm a bit new around here. Just a computer guy looking for some used MasterCAM hasps for a company I'm doing work for.
    Not a proper question to ask, but they don't want to pay for a new seat.
    They're on V7 and/or 7.2c.
    Any ideas would be great.
    Also, I saw another thread about MasterCAM not working on Vista. I get machines from a computer distributor that still sells new machines with XP Pro on them - and even has some with parallel ports! 3-year warranty.
    Let me know.
    Best to reach me at [email protected].
    AndyO