586,000 active members*
4,756 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam 8 HASP?

Mastercam 8 HASP?

I have a computer with Mastercam 8 installed, I had to reinstall the software on a different hard drive. Now its giving me a pop-up box saying the "HASP NOT FOUND". Anyone know whats going on here?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Mastercam 8 HASP?

Mastercam HASP utility maybe. Let me see here, umm...

Mastercam CAD/CAM Software > Support > Downloads > Drivers and Utilities

If it's a legit seat, there are ways around it. Hardware assisted software protection. Mastercam is well supported, call them, explain the situation. Little white dongle taking up your serial port? yeah...

Yeah the dongle is long gone. Does this mean the copy is useless?

Quote Originally Posted by stucapco View Post
    Mastercam HASP utility maybe. Let me see here, umm...

Mastercam CAD/CAM Software > Support > Downloads > Drivers and Utilities

If it's a legit seat, there are ways around it. Hardware assisted software protection. Mastercam is well supported, call them, explain the situation. Little white dongle taking up your serial port? yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDonkey View Post
    Yeah the dongle is long gone. Does this mean the copy is useless?
    Yes, the hasp is "your key" to legitimately use the Mastercam software
    - or do you use a Nethasp ??

. Little white dongle taking up your serial port?
    Ahhh...it's a USB type HASP now.......the serial post dongle is gone long time , as have the serial/com ports on new PCs & laptops

so, if your PC need the last rites, & you have the serial dongle.... be aware that you need a serial port on your replacement.
    or...get the hasp swapped thru your reseller

Well, as I said if its a valid seat (you paid for it) they will pound you to upgrade. Talk to them, assume there're going try to upgrade you (not pretty). They will have to do something. "This call is may be recorded for quality assurance purposes". Insist they kick you out some older solutions. You paid for it. Worst condition, a huge reduction in an upgrade. 8 is very old, runs in a shell, its DOS based if I remember correctly.

I have 9 still running on a remote box here somewhere. I use it now and then. See what they will do for you is my advise. It's old.

Sorry I can't be more help. Old school.

Well, as I said if its a valid seat (you paid for it) they will pound you to upgrade. Talk to them, assume there're going try to upgrade you (not pretty). They will have to do something. "This call is may be recorded for quality assurance purposes". Insist they kick you out some older solutions. You paid for it. Worst condition, a huge reduction in an upgrade. 8 is very old, runs in a shell, its DOS based if I remember correctly.

I have 9 still running on a remote box here somewhere. I use it now and then. See what they will do for you is my advise. It's old.

Sorry I can't be more help. Old school.
    As always, thanks for your advice. It came with the computer I bought my used Tormach with. I never bothered using the software since I was using CAMBAM for all my simple little parts. The old computer with MC installed finally fried
    the hard drive, but I had a backup disk. I cant afford a new version of mastercam so im grasping at straws trying to get this one working again.

Thanks

You are stuck as you need the key or Dongle to run the software. and Mastercam 8 is about 15 plus years old. sense you bought the computer from someone else with it installed you have no rights to it.
    Sorry.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Unfortunately, cadcam is correct here. As I said "valid seat", its not yours so fogetaboutit! Yeah i'm from NY area and Italian, lol. cambam is ok and many other freewares, open source proggies will do. At this point I see budget as an issue in your interest. Ok, now it's up to you, get out there and do the "homework". You will learn quickly whats what and how to use it.

Luck.