585,991 active members*
6,596 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Mach3 ref all home motor down't stop only slow

Hi i need help for ref all home in mach3, i install a home switches but machine down't stop only slow motor, only stop when turn off when touched and released. I can also only have one button instead of the ref all the home work if you want it to do again I have to restart the mach3.
    What is the problem? can someone help me?

Re: Mach3 ref all home motor down't stop only slow

If the motor hits the limit switch and then reverses direction while moving slowly but never stops, Mach is not seeing the switch open again. The machine slowly backs off the switch until it returns, but if the return is not seen then it will keep moving indefinitely. I had this same problem once and I believe the cause was noise due to not using shielded cables for my limit switches. My switches are normally closed and then open up when triggered. In the closed state they were not effected by noise, but once open it became a problem.
    "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."

Re: Mach3 ref all home motor down't stop only slow

hi, Pyronaught thanks for reply, sorry for my english i'm from portugal.
    I had a plate leafboy 4 axes usb and home switches worked well, and moved to a plate DDUM 5 axes bought both on ebay, but this board with the switches do not work as they should, this afternoon I noticed changing, was provisionally running but is not the solution, this is the next card must detect oN / OFF / ON to stop eg the Z axis and the other does, but he should come back and bring a few spaces and put the Zero axis and does not, which causes me trouble double clicking in ref all home because it exceeds the limits of the machine. And sometimes so let me work on that button once ref all home, if you have to twice restarting the program does not even being to touch the switches! that will be the problem?