585,712 active members*
3,934 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Looking for some help

I would like to get one of these Chinese spindle, i see they have 4 bearing spindles with 1.5kW ER16, which should be OK for aluminium / wood cutting. I have one little problem tho i read that the Chinese VDF I are not good. I would need a VDF that can have a input of 110V 1 Phase, I have no 220V 1 Phase setup at my place. Anyone has any suggestions.

If there is a option for a VDF with that has 110V and works with a 2.2kW spindle please let me know as well.

Re: Looking for some help

How can you have 110 volts without 220 going into the breaker panel?

Ebay has lots of 110 vac VFD's but it looks like you are trying to run about a 2HP motor on a 110 VFD. Even if you could find a VFD you are going to need a power feed rated at 30 amps (#10 copper wire)
    You do know of course that you can't run a Capacitor start motor on a VFD ( If that's what you have). Your best solution would be to find a small Reeves drive. If your unfamiliar with a reeves drive ... it's a vari - sheave pulley similar to the kind that's used on Knee Mill heads

This is yada, yada and unrelated to your question
    I began my working career as an electrician in Philadelphia (many, many years ago) and some houses still had the 110 volt service that came complete with Knob& Tube wiring and a 30 amp ( No pennies behind the glass-fuse-allowed). Philadelphia still had 4 wire, 2 phase power in certain parts of the city .... Ironically the same motor configuration is used in most of the steppers today ... but back then each phase was 220 vac and all the motors had 4 leads (plus ground of course)

IN my place all my outlets are 110V, I dont have a 220V outlet anywhere, I don't live in a house, its a large apartment with 3 rooms. So my only option is a 110V input VDF...
    Hive 8 - G0704 CNC Mill - 20 inch Telescope - High Resolution 3D Printer - Lasersaur 100W CO2 Cutter / Engraver

Hive 8 - G0704 CNC Mill - 20 inch Telescope - High Resolution 3D Printer - Lasersaur 100W CO2 Cutter / Engraver

Yes ....I found this on ebay and it's actually less expensive than a straight transformer because of free shipping $ 102.93 ...Power Bright 3000W Step Up Down Voltage Transformer | eBay ... That will get you the voltage you need providing the breaker won't trip (most circuits for 120 volts are rated for 20 amp). If you never run the device at max speed you are plugging into the 220 then you may be OK.

Too bad you don't have window air conditioners in your apt ... most of them are 220 volts.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by cncfixxer View Post
    Yes ....I found this on ebay and it's actually less expensive than a straight transformer because of free shipping $ 102.93 ...Power Bright 3000W Step Up Down Voltage Transformer | eBay ... That will get you the voltage you need providing the breaker won't trip (most circuits for 120 volts are rated for 20 amp). If you never run the device at max speed you are plugging into the 220 then you may be OK.

Too bad you don't have window air conditioners in your apt ... most of them are 220 volts.

Good luck
    You just saved me money, yeah... I checked and I found a 220V from the aircon as you said, all i need is a extension cord to run in the room, which is no problem at all. Thank you.

So since the power has been sorted out, I would like to go with a hitachi VDF the WJ200-022SF, that with a 2.2kW Chinese 4 bearing spindle. Anyone has some experience with these 2 components.