585,992 active members*
5,672 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Long Motors CNC kit quality?

Long Motors CNC kit quality?

Have any of you been using Long Motors Chinese stepper motors or motor/driver cnc kits? They sell on Fleabuy under the name LongMotors88 (and other similar names) as well as Wantai and Want Motor.

What do you think of their products?

I'm particularly looking at larger steppers for a bigger machine- NEMA42 size.

I emailed them several times to get something as simple as a torque curve for their steppers and they were rather evasive and wouldn't provide the curves.

Thanks DIYers

I found that the motors and power supplies were not well matched. Functioned but still. The motors I have work fine and the controllers do as well. But for higher voltage I think they max out around 50VDC. I have no idea what their torque curve looks like. Mine are NEMA 23's so I can't speak to a larger size.

Re: Long Motors CNC kit quality?

I've been using thier kit with nema 34 475 in oz (if I remember correctly) with thier bob and 60v power supplies on homemade plasma table. I replaced the Z motor with a nema23 to use the bigger one on another project. After 1+ year, I have hod no problems with them. Would buy same set again with no reservations. I use it in our shop 1-3 hours a week.

Re: Long Motors CNC kit quality?

For others that find their way here, I've bought quite a lot off them in NEMA17 and NEMA23, along with suitable drivers and have been very happy with them. As has been pointed out, so long as you are careful to buy drivers and steppers that suit each other you'll be fine. Their products are as good a quality as any others out there I've found, and have seen reported in many threads.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!