585,973 active members*
4,165 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

LIGHTNING CNC

Hello, I need help contacting Lighning CNC. Ordered a machine there in mid august. I was under the assumption it would have been built and shipped by now. I have been trying to contact them but always get automated phone options and have emailed with no response. Anyone know how I can contact the company other than the contacts they have listed on there website? I am antsy to get a table up and running for some upcoming projects. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: LIGHTNING CNC

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, I need help contacting Lighning CNC. Ordered a machine there in mid august. I was under the assumption it would have been built and shipped by now. I have been trying to contact them but always get automated phone options and have emailed with no response. Anyone know how I can contact the company other than the contacts they have listed on there website? I am antsy to get a table up and running for some upcoming projects. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Call them from a different number and if they don't answer leave a message saying your interested in purchasing a machine. I bet you get a return call then. I will say it's only been a month but there is no excuse for not updating you on the status of your order.

Ben

They are local to me and I am trying to contact them also. Nobody has been in the building for days as far as I can tell. Although they were there last week.
    They are not answering their phone calls. Their website says it is closed for maintenance and they appear to have pulled all their ads from Craig's list and e-bay.
    At this point I am wondering if they are going out of business.

I hate for this to be my first post here but I think I am in a similar situation.
    Just unpacked my 5x5 table today after getting back from NM and I'm missing a corner leg.
    Obviously I can build my own leg, won't know what else is missing or does not work until I do.

None of my calls are returned and as of about 3pm Tucson time emails are coming back as undeliverable.
    I fully expect phones to go disconnected shortly.

Don't plan on your software to be registered to you.
    Mine wasn't.

I will deal with that when I get there.
    As of this morning they have deleted their FB page and closed their YouTube channel.

I went by the owner's house but he does not answer the door.

Quote Originally Posted by chasxjs View Post
    Don't plan on your software to be registered to you.
    Mine wasn't.
    How can I tell the difference?

Go into the software program and click on "Help" and then "About"

It should tell you who it's registered to if at all.

Sheetcam will post only a sample of the g-code without being registered and Mach3 won't work with a torch height controller unless it is registered.

Go into the software program and click on "Help" and then "About"

It should tell you who it's registered to if at all.

Sheetcam will post only a sample of the g-code without being registered and Mach3 won't work with a torch height controller unless it is registered.
    Cool, and thank you.
    I will start my on post as I build this corner leg, tons of rain here so I will start tomorrow.

Sorry tromping on the OP's post but it was timely.

Demo version on Mach3 and Unlicensed on SheetCam.

Both are on sale this month at low cost cnc retrofits.
    If you paid lightning cnc with a credit card or paypal, I would try to get a partial refund.

Well I contacted a buisness in the same industrial park as them. They walked over to check out the situation. said it appeared they were going out of buisness He also said he had not seen them much in two weeks and the last time he did see them they had purchased a bentley. I have talked to my bank to pursue. This is really frustrating. I have called several other cnc outfits before lighning and had really bad communication skills so I did not purchase from them. When I first called lightning they were great to deal with now this. I was just trying to save some money on a machine by purchasing from a smaller outfit. I guess I learned a lesson and should have called a more reputable company.

This may help you if you have not already found this: lightningcnc.com Whois Lookup & IP | Whois.net
    From that I was able to determine the owners name Cleandrew Smith (not the celeberty by the same name).
    From there I was able to search out several building permits related to the facility, which are under Mr. Smith's name for the facility.
    Lightning CNC
    10178 I Avenue Suite D
    Hesperia, CA 92345

I hope that helps you.

Quick question for kkinser99:
    So you have nothing? Correct?

I received no shipping notice until 5 hours prior to arrival, that notice came direct from Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    I was 200 miles away on business and had to delay a project to get back to Tucson and meet the truck.
    Hopefully you will receive something, my purchase date was August 7th, 2014, Delivery date September 5, 2014.

I will add that it looks like they were hurrying.
    Too many of some items, too little of others, some are simply not there.
    I do have my table assembled and am now waiting on replacement cables from CNCRouterParts, hopefully I will be able to test the table by this coming weekend.

I will add that I have had to modify and/or adjust many of the components.
    Cuts are not square, holes not tapped and most of the gantry was cut too long.
    I'm slightly thankful for them not being too short.

Please feel free to message me or email me if you think I might be able to help in any way.
    ttsfabworks at cox.net

From that I was able to determine his residence from similar building permits in that name:
    CLEANDREW SMITH
    12918 CLOVIS CT.
    HESPERIA, CA 92344

I have found all the same information.
    However, I don't know what makes you think it is "not the celebrity". After looking at a picture on-line, I believe it is the same person that you refer to as a celebrity.
    After going to his house last week and asking if he was home, the door was slammed in my face.

I have found all the same information.
    However, I don't know what makes you think it is "not the celebrity". After looking at a picture on-line, I believe it is the same person that you refer to as a celebrity.
    After going to his house last week and asking if he was home, the door was slammed in my face.
    That would be an assumption on my part.
    I didn't dig through any of the movie or writing credits.
    You could very well be onto something.

Edit:
    It does appear that Cleandrew Smith aka gregwilliams2175 has a shady side also. I'll buy it, this reeks of a poorly planned scam.

Hopefully he is not as successful at ripping people off in his next scam. Whatever it is.

I don't care to speculate, I care about providing as much info as I can.
    But since all the FB, YouTube, Twitter accounts have been canceled I see no reason to not exploit that for the benefit of future low cost CNC searchers.

I feel better that they never got back to me now! I ended up going with CandCNC and PPLLC... Seems like I chose well!

Page 1 of 2 12