584,850 active members*
4,147 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Lighning CNC

Angry Lighning CNC

Lightning CNC took peoples money right up to the day they said they were filing chapter 7 With no intention of delivering. I have checked with the county court where they are located and no filings for Lightning CNC. They got $4763 of mine. I have not heard a word since the initial anonymous announcement on September 23rd. Nobody should feel bad for those sleazy a**holes.

Re: Lighning CNC

Can you not take a civil action on them?

We had similar with a motorhome dealers that were selling our vehicle on our behalf, they sold ours without telling us along with 8 others and also took the VAT money for a year and did a runner. They got caught luckily and we did get some of our cash back after two years.

There must be something you and likely others can do against these scum.

I think they are located in Hesperia CA. I see them advertising all the time on craigslist. I almost gave them a call. Sorry to hear about the lost money, sucks.

There are several other Lightning CNC threads here (some are locked for posting).
    One or two of them will give you the info on the owner, his address, and other info.
    Hopefully that might help you recover some of your investment.

I probably got one of the last semi complete 5x5 machines and have numerous issues.
    Missing corner leg I was able to duplicate from the others.
    Missing cables I got from cncrouterparts (thanks Ahren) work perfect.
    None of the software is legal, still need to purchase hard copies.

I have my machine up and moving but not fully assembled.
    It needs to be moved a few feet once the shop is done, then it can be re-squared and fully assembled.

I have received some great info from folks here and fortunately have a friend in Phx that does CNC maintenance and another who has a background in electrical engineering.
    I'm going to make this thing work.

I continue to see their ads here on the Zone. Either they paid in advanced or the Zone owners are in for a rude surprise! Even their web site name is available and of course the site is gone. If this follows the trend of other vendors over the years that have suddenly vanished , chances of getting anything back or a refund is unlikely. It is sad and it hurts the community of honest vendors.

TOMcaudle
    www.candcnc.com

Sorry to bring this one up again but I was searching on ebay for a cnc plasma table and saw this listing and the torch holder bracket caught my eye, the only ones that made that style was Lightning cnc (still got the bracket in the garage). Even the listing has some similarities and the seller is not far away from where lightning used to be which was Hesperia California. To everyone looking to buy cnc tables please be careful, ask as many questions as you can and don't let the price blur your vision, you may end up spending a lot more than what you paid for the table. Hopefully this is not them getting back at selling tables but you never know and can never be too careful.

ebay link
    4' x 4' Custom Built CNC Router Table Plasma Table Other Sizes Available | eBay

From lightning cnc
    Attachment 261684

from the new guys
    Attachment 261686

First ad ended a day after last post, that's weird.
    New link
    4' x 4' Custom Built CNC Router Table Plasma Table Other Sizes Available | eBay

From Lightning
    Attachment 262010
    From New Guys
    Attachment 262014

Here's a quick how to video showing the proper usage of Lightning CNC plasma tables:

I bet that made you feel better

Hey! There was a grill in that container.
    Lee

lukester

Contact Microcarve, the Z axes that are being used by these 2 machines are made by Microcarve

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cn...p-machine.html

contact/support -- Microcarve Forum
    Mactec54