4,489 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

leetro controller 6585 vs X7 DSP Controller or awc608

Hi!

is the leetro cotroller 6385 any good?
    cons and pros?

Re: leetro controller 6585 vs X7 DSP Controller or awc608

Hello Crush, every controller has its advantage, but leetro company doesn't upgrade its controller for a long time, so more and more people choose other controller.

Can't comment on the 6385 but have experience with both AWC608 and AWC708.

Both made by Shenzhen Trocen Automation

AWC708 is what one seller is calling X7. He has them branded with his company name.

Ran a AWC608 for several years. Recently updated to the new AWC708

Maybe I can answer any question you may have on these two.

Greolt

Is the Sinjoe AWC708 the controller of choice? What about RDCam controllers?

The Sinjoe controller doesn't support Corel X7, but I emailed them to find out if it'll be updated. They seem to be updating frequently. They're on Spring Festival at the moment, so it'll be another week or so until I hear.

Hi Greolt,

What features and benefits encouraged you to upgrade from the AWC608 to the AWC708? Or, if this has been discussed in another thread, can you point me to that?

Thanks. Chris...

Quote Originally Posted by cgerber View Post
    What features and benefits encouraged you to upgrade from the AWC608 to the AWC708? Or, if this has been discussed in another thread, can you point me to that?.
    Good question. To be honest the laser was making good money and the new controller was the latest and looked bright and shiny, so I bought it.

I have the AWC708C Lite. This is the same as the one LO sells. They also do a AWC708C Plus. I think this is for multi head lasers and material advancement rollers etc.

What is better than the 608:
    It has a nicer layout of buttons.
    Z up and down is immediately accessed. I will often pause and adjust Z axis when material is not sitting exactly flat.
    Less button presses to access inching. I think it is three instead of about nine on the 608. This is still too many for my mind. Consequently I still don't use it.
    Connection between the main board and display is much more robust. The display does not lose its place all the time as does the 608. So info given while job is running is actually useful.
    The display gives a visual representation of the job before running. I find this useful.
    The display traces the job as it is running. I don't find this useful at all.

What is no better than the 608:
    Briefly pressing a jog button on display unit gives wildly varying amount of movement. A series of the shortest possible presses will go something like, 2mm, 2mm, 15mm, 2mm, 10mm. This is very frustrating when lining up the origin to material. Forever overshooting the spot.
    This was one of the two main things I hoped would be fixed. Sadly not so.

The other big disappointment for me is the flakey USB connection. I have to constantly disconnect and reconnect the USB as it fails to communicate.
    Anywells blame windows. This may be true but of the many things I connect to USB every day, the controller is the only one that this happens to.
    I hoped this would be fixed. Sadly not so.

There are a few other things I would like to see fixed. But it is not likely to happen.

Setting a value less than one, to be permitted in um/step. This is most often a problem only on Z axis.

Setting scan gap to three decimal places. A whole other subject.

"Rotate Engrave" to work with vector work and "Run Box"

As I say these last items are never going to be fixed. I have written about them before and had zero response.

One of the main considerations if choosing between the 608 and 708 is that the 708 is the latest version. Very little cost difference. Inevitably upgrading firmware etc will cease for the 608. I have not seen any new upgrades to the old 2012 model for years.

Sinjoe Laser is selling:
    AWC608...................$329.90
    AWC708C Lite...........$329.90
    Why would you buy the older model.

All in all I like my AWC708 and would buy again. But then I have no experience with other brands of controller on the market.

Greolt

EDIT: Added some price info

Marco did mention he is going to introduce a newer touch screen DSP in the next few months. Not sure any details though

He has said many things in the past like a printer driver only to forget to mention that it was not going to happen after or around the date he mentioned. Don't buy these products for what they promise in the future, only form what they have now.
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

I'm speculating here, but I've been looking at the Ruida Tech controllers and they offer a larger touch screen model.

They offer a print driver and I believe 256 gray scale support too.

Anyone have one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianJenkins View Post
    I'm speculating here, but I've been looking at the Ruida Tech controllers and they offer a larger touch screen model. They offer a print driver and I believe 256 gray scale support too. Anyone have one of these?

Print driver sounds good. Do you have a link to one?
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Interesting. They call it a virtual printer. What would that mean exactly? Does anybody use this software?

It's a virtual print driver to communicate to the laser. I should process the job just as you see it. (I don't have one so I cannot confirm)