584,846 active members*
4,180 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Leadshine Hybrib steppers.

I have got my cnc to work, all Mach3 settings seem right, homing and limits work..the problem that I am having is that I can't seem to get the steppers to go very fast...450 rpm is the fastest that I can get but less if I run the full length of the table 1400mm a bit over 4 foot with out stalling. I have slowed down the velocity but on the y axis as I have one stepper on each side to eliminate racking one of the motors will stall. I think from what I have been reading that mid band resonance is the problem with the chinese drivers that I have which is expected for the price but I just wanted something to see if I could get it all working. It works but too slow for the rapids.

I am toying with the option of trying a Gecko G540 three axis driver or going to a leadshine hybrid set up as this has a closed loop with the benefits of synchronization..especially on the y axis.

Is there anyone that has experience in this area that is prepared to offer some advice?

Cheers
    Dennis

Re: Leadshine Hybrib steppers.

I have used the hybrids on my machine. Have pushed the speeds up to 3000mm/min. Have a look on youtube for krv2000 cnc conversion.
    Got the hybrids ao that i did not have to worry about missed steps. Truth is i could have done without them because i have a smoothstepper and shielded cablea throughout. nd of course my C3 ground ballscrews. Its just one less inaccuracy to deal with which appealed to me.
    The G540 kicks ass too. I have run my RF45 clone on it for a while but found it limiting in terms of current. For small light machines its amazing.

Re: Leadshine Hybrib steppers.

Quote Originally Posted by imr700x View Post
    I have got my cnc to work, all Mach3 settings seem right, homing and limits work..the problem that I am having is that I can't seem to get the steppers to go very fast...450 rpm is the fastest that I can get but less if I run the full length of the table 1400mm a bit over 4 foot with out stalling. I have slowed down the velocity but on the y axis as I have one stepper on each side to eliminate racking one of the motors will stall. I think from what I have been reading that mid band resonance is the problem with the chinese drivers that I have which is expected for the price but I just wanted something to see if I could get it all working. It works but too slow for the rapids.

I am toying with the option of trying a Gecko G540 three axis driver or going to a leadshine hybrid set up as this has a closed loop with the benefits of synchronization..especially on the y axis.

Is there anyone that has experience in this area that is prepared to offer some advice?

Cheers
    Dennis
    Dennis,

Since Leadshine manufacturers several hybrid products please post all pertinent model information as well as gear reduction, ballscrew pitch, weight of gantry etc...

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.