585,948 active members*
3,629 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Last post for the week. Ajax Y Motor no stop.

OK... I'm so close guys! All the tests pass. I even have the Haunyang 3hp VFD running from the Pendant! Here's my question: When I did the motor move tests, the X motor would jog fine. + or - spins the motor. It Stayed locked in position until I hit a limit Sw. On the Y motor, when I hit + or - Just runs and runs. Wont stop till I hit the Limit Sw. then if I hit Jog- IT starts running again till I press a limit on Y. Any thought on this?

Re: Guess who! Today's issue from CG. Y motor problem.
    Postby countryguy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:48 pm

Hi So I hooked up my belts and drives. Very smooth X and Z movements. The Y drive just took off until it hit the Limit. I've checked the Alt-I input screens and found the 2 axis input lights for + and - to insure that when I use the pendant, the Key is not stuck or anything weird. So what would cause that unless I have something configured wrong? Hope you guy's can help me w/ this one before the week ends as I hoped to actually put steel on this Mill ;-) Well...My Son did anyway. LOL. SO CLOSE!!!

As a note- I'm also getting a SV_Stall error every time as well..... Did a search on this site. Not really sure what that even means as yet.

TIA,
    TGIF
    Jeff

Re: Last post for the week. Ajax Y Motor no stop.

Talked to Support- Noted I probably have the Motor + and - leads reversed. That its goes 1 way (wrong way) expects encoders the other way - Get lost till it hits the stop. Makes sense. Noted to also check the Encoder count direction. Make sure counter-clockwise goes more positive. If backwards, issue a the Drive Reverse setting in config. Kewlness!!! :-) REady to get this thing into gcode and chips soon!
    CG