584,860 active members*
5,037 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Laser table wont lift up (GCC/ Laser Pro Mercury II)

Hi all,

I'm sure this must be a software problem as I managed to lower the table slightly when the error 1st happened, but I don't know how to go about fixing it. (tech was here during the week, and it may be a while before he is free to get back here as he is flat out)

Background:
    I have a GCC/LaserPro Mercury II 40 Watt laser. It was serviced just days ago, and has been working well.

Problem:
    My table is in the lowest 'z' position possible, yet the software thinks it's too high and gives me an error message saying to LOWER the table

I 1st noticed it, after using it for an hour or so. I went to start a new job after letting the laser sit idle for about half an hour. I pressed 'Auto Focus' and the table only lifted an inch, stopped, then gave me the warning message to lower the table.

I've tried turning the machine off, un-plugging it, and leaving it to sit. I've tried 4 times now, and all that's happened, is the table has moved to it's lowest position, and wont allow me to lift it.

Please help! It's the weekend, and I have orders waiting to go out I do most of my work on the weekend, and I really can't leave it to Monday for the company to come back to work

Thanks in advance!

P.S. - I have Windows 7, 64bit. I am using Driver DV 3.01-03 and firmware 1.00 (I don't know how to upgrade the firmware, and don't have a newer copy of the firmware.

I've tried to register at Gccworld, but as I purchased my laser engraver second hand from the distributor, my laser is already registered on the gccworld website - so I can't get access to the new drivers or support on there

Everything is very easy First of all check autofocus. Try to move it up and down, spray WD40 inside, so try to clean it. If it not help - disconnect autofocus at all.

If still problem exist - check autofocus cable - it could be shortage.

Another possible problem - end cap of TABLE UPPER POSITION. End cap is located like on marked on picture. On picture is SPIRIT GE but location onn Mercury table is similar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN6322.JPG  

THANKS

All fixed, thank you!

I looked at the autofocus, and the pin was stuck in the 'up' position.

I've pulled it down, and the table is now working. I'll apply some WD40 to the pin and hope that it stops it from sticking.

This happens all the time, also make sure to keep the limit switches clean and watch out for small pieces of acrylic that can get stuck in the belt track.
    www.FocusedLightEngraving.com
    [email protected]

Hey group,

How about this one? I am suffering from the total opposite. My Pinnacle Mercury 25W will not auto focus. It keeps on going up until the limit switch is pushed. It is not the auto focus switch as I did a continuity check and the switch works. It is not the wire harness as these are good as well.

It could be the ribbon or the controller. The auto focus works every now and then but 99% of the time I have needed to do a manual auto focus.

This is not killing me but if anyone can offer some insight, it will be appreciated. I am about to try a firmware upgrade to see if that fixes the problem. Will inform on the results.

Quote Originally Posted by avayan View Post
    Hey group,

How about this one? I am suffering from the total opposite. My Pinnacle Mercury 25W will not auto focus. It keeps on going up until the limit switch is pushed. It is not the auto focus switch as I did a continuity check and the switch works. It is not the wire harness as these are good as well.

It could be the ribbon or the controller. The auto focus works every now and then but 99% of the time I have needed to do a manual auto focus.

This is not killing me but if anyone can offer some insight, it will be appreciated. I am about to try a firmware upgrade to see if that fixes the problem. Will inform on the results.
    Anytime I have had to service this item it was because the focus stick was sticking. Make sure you clean it very good with every job.
    www.FocusedLightEngraving.com
    [email protected]

Re: Laser table wont lift up (GCC/ Laser Pro Mercury II)

Hi Guys, we currently use the Mercury Laser Pro L25 and for the last month it has been stopping on jobs on and off

this week it has been stopping on every Job, we would get halfway through a job then stop.

we have cleaned everything inside and out but still no answer. could this be a motor issue?

please help

regards Steve

Re: Laser table wont lift up (GCC/ Laser Pro Mercury II)

The wires running to the autofocus switch eventually break where they keep bending you need to replace the wires or focus manually do not try to join them as they will break again really quickly