585,685 active members*
4,825 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser engraving machines

Hi
    I´m thinking about adding a laser engraving machine to my sign business. My plan is to get a cheap chineese machine at first just to get an idea of what is possible to achive and then upgrade to a more appropriate western made machine. My first question: has anyone tried the machine in the attached picture? Is this anything but a toy?

Later I have the intension to upgrade to GCC laserpro spirit LS any thoughts on this machine?

Attachment 249864

Thanks Christer
    Kyltti.fi - Puukylttej

Re: Laser engraving machines

Hi Christer

the machine seems like the K40 model with moshi software from eaby. not recommend

usually without aftersale service.

best regards
    Abby
    www.wklaser.com [email protected] SKYPE: cyosusu
    Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/people/Cuicui-Zhang/100005165685762

Hi Christer

here we have one mini model Storm500 laser engraver.

Maybe a little expensive. another option for you.

working area 500*300mm 10cm up down work table.

working vedio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI8Q...ature=youtu.be

I have one of the cheaper Chinese machines, the same one you are looking at. It is pretty much useless the way it is. I have upgraded mine with a DSP (digital signal processor) unit. My laser cost me about $700.00 delivered and the DSP was about $600.00. So, I have about $1300.00 invested in my machine at this time. I have had it for 2 years now and use it mostly as a hobby machine. The software and the machine, again, are useless without the upgrade. The total work area on the machine is 8" X 12". If you can find a machine (and you probably will have a hard time doing so), that will cost you less than the $1300.00, go for it. The cheapest machine with a DSP that I have seen is about $2200.00 (I could be wrong about that). Ask questions and get answers before investing in a laser. It will save a lot of problems in the long run.

Milt

Don't waste your money on a cheap machine like this. My advice to you is if you already have a sign business buy a decent machine right off the bat. A laser will add a lot to your business. Buy the right machine the first time and I'm sure you'll not regret it. Make sure you get one with a bed size big enough to accommodate the size signs you make , maybe one with pass thru doors. That laser pro looks like a nice machine, looks expensive. If you want good advice from people who might have that machine log onto sawmillcreek go to the engravers forum, you'll get great help and advice there.

Hi i have for more than two years Spirit ls 60w. Im very satisfied but anyway i will buy 150x120 cm dualhead 150/80w From china becase Spirit have small working table. Dont buy this toy from ebay and buy machine from well known wendor with bigger table than Spirit ls...

Odesláno z mého D5503 pomocí Tapatalk

Thank you for all your replies. What should i be looking for when purchasing as laser engraver from china, is there a fair chance of getting decent quality laser for under, say $10000? I already have a Chineese router with ATC which I´m fairly satisfied with altough the overall finnish on the machine is quite poor. I bought the router from a retailer here in finland so I have no experience of buying directly, I assume I would get a better price?
    I know there are good quality products out there but there are also a lot of crap and I seems difficult to spot the differece form a distance.

Christer

Under 10k USD i will have 150x120 cm 60/150w dualhead with shipping to CZ without tax

Gweki, Shenhui, and Rabbit are 3 well respected direct from China dealers, I would contact all 3 and see what kind of deal you can make.

gravoservis

here is a working video ot the dual heads laser for reference.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNg8TskvRCo

Quote Originally Posted by gravoservis View Post
    Under 10k USD i will have 150x120 cm 60/150w dualhead with shipping to CZ without tax

Glad to see so busy discussion here! Gweike laser always rank first class in laser machine area in china
    tina from g.weike laser
    EMAIL: [email protected] SKYPE: lysunshine521

Glad to here your comment Tina, What I liked to hear is a similar comment from someone actually using GWEIKE -Not employed by the company itself. :nono:
    From what I have heard so far it seems that you are right though- Anyone got another opinion?

Christer

Quote Originally Posted by toymaker2 View Post
    Glad to here your comment Tina, What I liked to hear is a similar comment from someone actually using GWEIKE -Not employed by the company itself. :nono:
    From what I have heard so far it seems that you are right though- Anyone got another opinion?

Christer
    yes,although am employee of G.weike laser,but this comment is not from me only thank you
    tina from g.weike laser
    EMAIL: [email protected] SKYPE: lysunshine521