585,719 active members*
3,930 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

KIA KT20S FANUC OT

Having problem with uploading programs, I can load programs fine just cant send them from machine? I thought the I/O parameters are the same for in and out. any Ideas? also the machine will not stop the spindle with the reset button, in auto or manual, i have to press the spindle stop button in jog mode? could not find a parameter to change this, most machine i ran will stop everything if the reset button is pressed, im talking about the reset button on the control, it does work in edit mode to rewind ect. any help would be great. thanks

Re: KIA KT20S FANUC OT

When sending, do you start the receive at the PC then PUNCH from the 0T? What happens? Does the 0T flash anything like OUTPUT? Does the PC receive anything? Jibberish? Alarms? What comm program are you using?

Yes I get a few lines of Jibberish at the PC and the control says output like its working, thats why I think its a I/O parameter, Im using predator, the pc works fine with other machines? the machine sat for a few months when I started it up we lost the parameters but had back up, so reloaded them and thats when the problem started. like I said, I can load a program with no problem?

Quote Originally Posted by positiverake View Post
    Yes I get a few lines of Jibberish at the PC and the control says output like its working, thats why I think its a I/O parameter, Im using predator, the pc works fine with other machines? the machine sat for a few months when I started it up we lost the parameters but had back up, so reloaded them and thats when the problem started. like I said, I can load a program with no problem?
    Make sure your CNC is set to punch ISO. I ran into this on a new machine not too long ago. I knew it should be set to ISO, but I never checked. Imagine my embarrassment when the Fanuc engineer showed me what it was.

I bet your rite, I never checked that, damn, thanks I would have felt the same getting someone out to fix it. Ill try it monday and let you. thanks again!!

that worked! thanks!! I feel like a dork, glad somebody has some brains!

Glad I could be of help.