585,883 active members*
5,827 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Info on Panasonic Servo Motor

Info on Panasonic Servo Motor

I have a linear drive unit designed by Hirata Robotics.
    It uses a Panasonic Servo Motor with the following label:

Model: MSMO42F2G
    Serial: 97100086

I have been unable to locate any specs, wiring diagrams, etc. From the manufacturer. See attached.

Can anyone help? Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pic 007a.jpg   pic 021a.jpg   pic 022.jpg  

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MWJ2009 View Post
    I have a linear drive unit designed by Hirata Robotics.
    It uses a Panasonic Servo Motor with the following label:

Model: MSMO42F2G
    Serial: 97100086

I have been unable to locate any specs, wiring diagrams, etc. From the manufacturer. See attached.

Can anyone help? Thanks!
    Hi

Try this link. I hope it could help you http://industrial.panasonic.com/ww/i..._acs_e/a4.html

Smile Old Poni

Hey Old Poni,

I use Panasonic servo motors and drives all the time, so let me give you a few pointers. Like the previous user shared many documents are available on the web, however you will never find some of the ones you will want.

MSMO42F2G

There are some similarities and some differences as you play with various Panasonic Minas servos and drives.

MSM is often also referred to as MSMA

04 = 400 watt motor

2 = 200VAC driver required to drive this servo, if this number was 1 it would have been 100V or 120VAC

The cryptic part of the part numbers are the F2G

The F is normally the encoder style and the 2G are typically the type of seals, shaft style, keys, etc.

Panasonic has different kinds of encoders. Incremental and Absolute to start with and sometimes it is difficult to identify them. The first thing to do is count the number of wires coming out of the encoder and determine their colors. 11-wires which might be the one you have is an indication of an incremental encoder with 2500ppr quadrature encoder. If you check some of the manuals for say the Minas MSD drivers you will find a pin out for these with wire colors. Check and see if you wire colors match, if you you are almost ready for prime time. The power side of things is pretty straight forward three phase power and ground. The drivers typically need to be programmed to match the type of input you plan to drive the system with so that will be the next stage. If you need more let help let me know and I will try and provide you some pointers.

CNCMAN172

Panasonic has discontinued lots of different servo series they offered before. As far as I know their minas A & E series servos are the only ones supported now. You can take a look at the following page, it has 4 different series datasheets/manuals.

http://www.clrwtr.com/Panasonic-Servos-Motors.htm

Did you figure this out? I actually just picked up a similar motor MSM022F2GE and converted the connector to the standard 11-wire encoder plugs plugged it into a good driver and it jerked like crazy and the motor faulted and it got hot. I believe I have figured out what is going on with these motors. I searched many manuals for Hirata Robotic actuators and found most had a default encoder resolution of 1500 PPR. The default setup on the Panasonic amplifier is 2500 PPR. Which would explain why it jerked it could not find the correct positions. I am now checking to see if the standard panasonic driver can be adjusted for this lower encoder count.

Russ

Re: Info on Panasonic Servo Motor

Good day,
    Those Panasonic MSM022F2GE and MSM012F2GE motors were used on Adept Technology's (made by Hirata) 550 scara robots.
    They were indeed 1500 ppr incremental encoders and driven by a dedicated Adept Dual B or B+ servo amplifier , encoder interpreted by a dedicated robot interface card - a VME card built by Adept. It did NOT use the commutation signals from the servos, although they were transmitted by the encoder.

Thanks Cotsco,
    I was going to attempt to program the Panasonic Driver for a standard 2500PPR to 1500PPR as that is an option and see if I can get the units to spin. The encoder outputs looks identical but I think I had the driver jerking the motor because the counts set in the driver were too high.

Russ

the right model No is MSM042F2G, zero not O.400 W Minas E series AC Servo Motor. very old version.