584,861 active members*
4,717 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > INFO? for programming Okuma LOADERs for OKUMA LFS15-2SP ROBUSTURN TWIN SPINDLE CNC

Arrow INFO? for programming Okuma LOADERs for OKUMA LFS15-2SP ROBUSTURN TWIN SPINDLE CNC

:bat:Seeking info & examples for Programing robotic loader & stocker for OKUMA LFS15-2SP ROBUSTURN TWIN SPINDLE CNC, particulary for automating Quality Control part sample takeoff where potentially the loader would periodically take a part sample quanity, say six consequative parts & instead of placing them on the stocker lifter plate stacks, placing or dropping them one at a time after cutting each, thru the opening in the bottom of the LFS15-2SP housing between the LFS15-2SP and the stocker housing. This could be as simple as a free form drop before the stocker position. There is an open bottom space there looking wide enough to open the loader in "SWING A" horizontal position there, although it might not be necessary to deposit the parts in the horizontal loader position & the "SWING B" vertical position may surfice for releasing the parts...for QC check. Even programs where the loader loads and unloads parts thru the lower opening in the housing would be interesting...
    Any suggestions to downloads for OKUMA LOADER STOCKER PROGRAMING MANUALS or other information on programming loader stockers?
    Thanks [email protected]

There are any number of ways to accomplish this, so take your pick...

You could write a sub program and call it after the count increments:
    GAGE=GAGE+1
    IF [GAGE GT 6] NDRP1
    NDRP1 CALL ODRP1

ODRP1
    ZV=23
    YV=23
    M309
    YV=1
    ZV=1
    GAGE=0
    RTS

OR you might want to wire in a switch to "force" it to drop off at will.

When the switch is on - call the ODRP1 sub routine.

IF[R801 GT 0]NDRP1

I'll have to dig through my archives to try to find you some more info, but can't do it right now.

Do you have a basic program that you are already working with?

Question

OkumaWiz, Thanks for your speedly reply and input.

I have not yet read all of the program yet. I will request a copy of it when I request access to the manual, if available. If I ask my boss on one of his good days, I may be able to learn something more about the loader controller. I know nothing about the loader controler teach option yet.
    :wee::wee:
    :bat:
    ? Is it possible to TURN OFF the BLOCK DELETE option from CODE WITHIN THE PROGRAM even though it is a physical switch? (some sort of stack manipulation or machine code binary subroutine?)

It is suggested to use parametric programming instead of block delete, but I suspect that would be an incremental variable subroutine activation, and I want the samples to be drawn on direct random request, & perhaps a further
    problem, samples drawn in lot of 1, lot of 6, lot of 8 and lot of 12, something like that. If there was keyboard monitering machine code available that can run in a program, than sample counts of 1, 6, 8, 12, can be requested by
    specific button presses. ?Machine code subroutines & stack manipulation, is that possible in CNC programs?

I might try programing automatic sample supply for one of every nine parts or one of every 28 parts, but this appears less versitle although easily doable, and might only create a house keeping problem for the operator by supplying a glut of confusing old unretrived samples, depends on method of sample capture and storage etc.

? Is there a source for Legal aspects for production setup & run for machine GUARDs & SENSORS?, is there a CFR Code of Federal Regulations or OSHA text concerning this in respect to operator protection?

Thanks, [email protected]

Re: INFO? for programming Okuma LOADERs for OKUMA LFS15-2SP ROBUSTURN TWIN SPINDLE CN

Hi,

I want to buy OKUMA LFS 15 2 SP with 2 loading/unloading robots. I have very tough machining. Serial machining where I need to fulfill the full machining cycle in less than 25 seconds. Is it possible to perform such operation on this machine.Seller check that and it comes in 35 seconds, I just need to confirm which is right.

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Agnieszka

Re: INFO? for programming Okuma LOADERs for OKUMA LFS15-2SP ROBUSTURN TWIN SPINDLE CN

The machines can easily be unloaded and loaded within 25 seconds but how can I say that it Can be done in 35 seconds without a clue as to your machining time or process?