584,808 active members*
5,189 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Improper V-Ready Off Alarm???

I am running a Wasino LJ-103m Lathe with Fanuc 10T control. I just received an alarm on my C Axis. SV 013 IMPROPER V-READY OFF. Now the description in my manual states "Velocity control ready signal (VRDY) was turned off when position control ready signal (PRDY) is turned on." Can someone explain this too me in dummy speak? Thanks.

When the control powers up and the E-stop is released, it outputs a signal called "Power Ready" or PRDY. This is a simple relay output that goes to each of the servo amplifiers. The servos are supposed to power up and pull in the main contactors, which each have a set of contacts inside for the "Velocity Unit Ready" (VRDY) signal. The VRDY signal goes back to the CNC and verifies that the servos are ready to go.

If you have a servo that's NOT pulling in the main contactor (called "MCC" on the back of the unit), then the servo is probably having some kind of problem. Look for any LED lights on the servo amplifier board, and also check for blown fuses, a tripped overload breaker, and good connections to the motor and to the 3-phase power. If a servo alarms out on its own for any reason, it will turn off the MCC contactor and the control is supposed to shut down with the alarm you mentioned rather than try to continue to run with a non-functional servo.

Thanks for the reply Dan. I believe you were right. I had a blown fuse on my braking resistor, I am assuming these are related issues. Now I just need to figure out why I keep blowing that fuse. 3 in the last 3 months.

I was experiencing the same problem and went through all the steps and nothing helped. My machine would power up and run but would shut down at intermittent times during the program. Finally I checked the connections on all the drives and isolated the problem. It was a loose connection to one of the servos.

hi
    i have same problem -- fanuc 10m - start and run ok but in 30 min stop in error mode sv013 improper v ready off and led light - 2ndfrom bottom on.
    what connector to check first
    thanks
    aram

Re: Improper V-Ready Off Alarm???

I am experiencing SV013Z improper V RDY OFF alarm in my HMC machine FANUC 15M.
    And when the alarm comes the Y axis loses breaks and drops down approximately 1mm. Need help, thanks

Re: Improper V-Ready Off Alarm???

Sounds like something is disabling the Y axis servo. I can think of two possible reasons:

1) The Fanuc 11M has analog (3-phase full wave) servos, and there are 3 fuses on the back of the servo amplifier. In addition to the 3 large "cartridge" fuses, there are 3 smaller "Indicator" fuses wired in parallel with the big fuses. If a big fuse blows, the little fuse is supposed to blow with it, shutting down the servo. The little fuses have little white flags inside that pop up when they blow. Sometimes, these flags don't pop up, so the servo can fail to shut down correctly. Check the big cartridge fuses with an ohm meter, and look for an indicator fuse that's "popped up".

2) This is my best guess: Each axis would have DOUBLE limit switches in both directions. If the axis moves too close to the end of it's travel, it hits a regular OT (over travel) switch which throws an OT alarm on the display. If the axis PASSES that OT switch, it hits an "Extreme OT" switch, which basically shuts down the servo. If your Extreme OT switch is stuck on (in either + or - direction, then the servo can't run. That causes the main servo MCC relay to drop off immediately, causing the axis to drop a bit, and then it applies the brake in the motor. Vertical axes that can "fall" if the servo doesn't start usually has an electric brake in the motor so the axis can't fall very far.

Check those extreme OT switches to see if one is stuck on. Also, be aware that these switches are wired "Normally closed", so that a broken wire or loose connection can act like a switch that's stuck. If the wires to those switches go through a flexible cable duct, you might have a broken wire inside the duct. That's a difficult thing to find.

Are you getting any alarms on the CNC when this happens?

Dan Fritz