584,817 active members*
4,601 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > iemca boss 432 -how to set system parameters

iemca boss 432 -how to set system parameters

Ok. I am overdone. I did not really understand how i could just set the protected barfeeder parameters.. Anyone can help ? I tried code 510 to access them but nothing happens, tried 546 code and nothing happens again. I asked a local dealer of Iemca, he told me to use 542 but nothing happened again. I can see the parameter values, but can not change them? A help really appreciated!

Re: iemca boss 432 -how to set system parameters

This may be a dumb question but I'm going to ask. The way we access the parameters is once we get the parameter we want, we press "0" and then it allows us to change them. Is this what you're looking for?

No, is not that easy We need a password to access and change service parameters. I asked one of the guys here, and thanks a lot to him, gave me the password i was looking for.

Hi I wonder if you can help me ,i have an IEMCA boss 332 bar feeder and it is giving a flag open error just as it is about to load the new bar .if you could give me any advice that would be great

Thanx
    Gotoman

Usually what it means by "flag open" is that one of the light switches are not being triggered by turning on or off, whichever it's suppose to do. Where exactly at does it go into alarm? When the bar pusher retracts to ZERO? When the bar drops into the channel?

Quote Originally Posted by Gotoman View Post
    Hi I wonder if you can help me ,i have an IEMCA boss 332 bar feeder and it is giving a flag open error just as it is about to load the new bar .if you could give me any advice that would be great

Thanx
    Gotoman
    its good that the machine is giving an alarm. mine seems a little bit confused, no alarms nothing.. the cpu stops responding, there is no message in barfeeder screen, but it says "barfeeder alarm" in lathe. ı guess it is something about voltage, cause while old strohms are not running, iemca&star is running well, too. whatever. coming to your problem. When the new bar drops in to the channel, while flag is pushing it forwards (first feed), the front end of the bar hits a small spring loaded clack. and this thing is the reference point for barfeeder.. it should be closed while loading the new bar, and the bar front end should hit it and open it. if the bar front end does not hit it, then the machine won't be able to recognise the length of the bar and generate an alarm. I think it is just a simple mechanical failure.

Quote Originally Posted by VSO View Post
    No, is not that easy We need a password to access and change service parameters. I asked one of the guys here, and thanks a lot to him, gave me the password i was looking for.
    Can you explain the procedure? I have the password but don't know where to enter it.