585,762 active members*
4,124 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco BMC4020 CAS Oil Lubricator problem

Hurco BMC4020 CAS Oil Lubricator problem

Hi!

I've started the mill in my workshop! Everything looks fine except one thing: Oil lubrication station that lubricates the box linear ways of my machine. It's CES type, and htere is a specisication printed on the lubricator that says it works every 15 minutes and uses 6 c.c of oil.

There is no reaciton while the machine is idle, but powered. I've waited for at least 30 minutes - no reaction from lubricator.

I'm wondering - is the lubricator dead, or it's controlled by PLC and poweres while the cycle is running? I'm afraid to start working - box ways must be treated carefully.

I've got CESD type oil lubricator from my old milling machine. I can replace this one if it's broken for a while. But first, I want to be sure that I do everything right.

Can anyone tell me how to test the lubricator?

Hurco is BMC4020 1998 year. Thanks!

Re: Hurco BMC4020 CAS Oil Lubricator problem

Hi, LC controls lube pump. It works only when servo power is on with some time intervals. Pump is supplied by 110ACV, switched by 8CR separate relay trough fuse 1FU or ALR relay on CRP4 board and fuses FU3 FU9 (depends on machine version). Do you have diagrams for your machine?
    Sorry for my English... :|

Hi!

Yes, there are diagrams, but the specs are on German. I don't understand German as good as English Still, I'll use translator if I'll need!

One more question - If my machine is online and servos are on, but no program is running - will the pump work? Or it will start lubing only when the cycle is running? I'm just wondering: the machine was offline for a month or more. Ways are becoming dry. My idea is that machine must start self lubrication in this way, or just work onse in 15 minutes anyway. If it won't there may be problems. Isn't it so with this machine?

BTW, thanks for the answers! You really help me very much!

Lublicaton should works when servo power is on. Does not matter whether is in manual or auto mode. There are no any lube logs so control does not know that machine had a vacation . Lube check list: check if pomp runs, check if oil tank is clear, check lube pipes if are not broken, check all of 15 PV1 and PV2 metering units if are not 'blocked'. Maybe you will have to buy a new ones...

Ok, the pumjp is working. I was thinking that it works like CESD type pumps, but it doesn't work for several seconds - it just makes one punch in several minutes. That's why I didn't hear it working Now everything is clear except one more thing: Attachment 257018

What is that exactly? I understand that this is a coolant station. It works with the tank that is located under the milling machine. If I'm right, it's also works like a skimmer - pumps oil from the tank to a higher place where I can drain it. The question is - what's the high pressure motor (Grundfos) on the top of this tank makes? I'l wondering - is it the coolant through spindle option? I see that some of the tool holders that came with it have a through hole in them. How can I make sure that it's what I'm thinking?

It is CTS pump. You can remove the cover from the spindle head i check if you have rotary union on the top of the spindle. Coolant pipe should come to this union. When you will strat this system check rotary union for any leaks. This is not long life time part...

Attachment 257040Attachment 257042
    Here, take a look. It's all dirty, I still don't have enough time to clean it there Am I right that the trident on the upper part of the aluminiun cylinder is the CTS hose splitter?

Attachment 257044Attachment 257046

By the way, two more questions

1. This oil motor works when I clamp and unclamp tool in the spindle. The seller told me that the spindle itself is oil cooled. I don't quite understand where this lubrication goes if he's right. And where to add the oil when it's needed. What type of oil is inside this motor tank?

2. The big blue lever with the "Mahle" on it. What's that?

I have no experience with this type of CTS system. Here is rotary union and hydraulic cylinder for part tool unclamp.
    On the top you can see air pipe for spindle blast ("cleaning") and CTS coolant pipe.
    Mahle is a dual filter for CTS coolant with dirty filter sensor. If one filter is dirty you can switch to second one.

Thanks again! It's always wonderful to read your messages - Everything gets clear