584,862 active members*
5,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > how to turn off door safety switch on vf8 haas

how to turn off door safety switch on vf8 haas

any body able to tell me how to turn of this feature that stops the machine when you open the door on a vf8 control that also limits the rpm to s700 when door is open in manual mode, need a step by step lesson i know it can be done any help would be great

Re: how to turn off door safety switch on vf8 haas

On my TM2P there are two metal latches on the top of the doors that fit into a locking mechanism that has the sensor. I just unbolted the latches, put them in the locks/sensors and saved the bolts and spacers in case I decide to put them back on later

Brian
    WOT Designs

Assuming it is the same as the control on are Haas you can try this. Press setting graph button once. Then page down once. There should be a setting called door hold override. Arrow over this setting and hit the write button. It will pop up a message that says you are making the machine less safe. Hit y for yes. It will have to be done every time you turn on the control. I will caution you to be careful when this setting is changed and to never allow a inexperienced operator to use these settings.

Ben

If its a newer machine, the setting is gone. Not only that, but it may want to see a door open/close check cycle. Can still be bypassed, but it takes some hardware.

also if a tech comes out for service, he is required to put the latches back to stock. a very annoying feature that was added for sure. also if you get inspected by the state, it could be a big fine. not trying to be downer. just make sure your aware. my vf3ss has the same **** on it. but is bypassed with the latches installed into them selves.

I think the last time a tech came out, I signed a waiver for them not to reset the door override parameter.

Quote Originally Posted by djr76 View Post
    I think the last time a tech came out, I signed a waiver for them not to reset the door override parameter.
    your right. the tech did change something for me. how are us old school machinist suppose to set up are machines if we cant put our head in the machine. lol

Thank your local, state and national Progressive/Liberal nanny-state types for that. What the hell do you know about how to run your life anyhow?

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

You can actually thank those large industrial shops, since they hire anyone to push the green button. If no one got hurt, your local, state and national Progressive/Liberal nanny-state types wouldn't have ever known. Most dealers will not even accept the waivers any longer BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    What the hell do you know about how to run your life anyhow?
    That's my wife's job!

lol. thats like warning lables that you see. someone has done it and hurt them selves. like the blue towel despenser. do not insert head in towel, could cause injury or death. lmao

On older machines go to SETTINGS, go to setting 51 and turn it on.
    This setting has to be turned back on every time the machine is powered up.
    In PARAMETERS, parameter 57, DOOR STOP SPINDLE 0, SAFETY CIRCUIT 0.
    These parameters do not have to be changed again at power up.
    My understanding is that setting 51 is gone on the newer machines.
    In the PARAMETERS there is a SPINDLE page, there you may still find, and be able to change, a parameter MAX DOOR OPEN SPINDLE RPM.

here is a link that will help. The only way to override is with a pulse signal to a relay or macro variable set externally over Ethernet.

https://diy.haascnc.com/printpdf/ref...y-e-stop-setup