585,719 active members*
4,232 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Phase Converters > How to remove error " Turret out of position" in Ge fanuc 21i-t controller for lathe?

Post How to remove error " Turret out of position" in Ge fanuc 21i-t controller for lathe?

when i switched on the lathe machine which is using Ge fanuc 21i-t controller shows an error message as Turret out of position..
    Before that the shows 2 errors.
    1) Reference reqired
    2) 090 REFERENCE RETURN INCOMPLETE
    3) Turret out of position

Can anyone tell me how to fix that error?
    Help me please because its so urgent.

Re: How to remove error " Turret out of position" in Ge fanuc 21i-t controller for la

I think there is an indexing problem or it is generated from yor turret encoder. I think this can help you.

everything about cnc machine tools and components.

Re: How to remove error " Turret out of position" in Ge fanuc 21i-t controller for la

Move x and z axis in jog towardss spindle more than ur pitch of ballscrew says 10mm or 20 mm..make reference to both axis..after that index the turret..turret is not locked due to mechanical seatingproblem or clamp sensing problem..check mechanivcally seated and check clamp or inposition proxy or limitswitch

- - - Updated - - -

Move x and z axis in jog towardss spindle more than ur pitch of ballscrew says 10mm or 20 mm..make reference to both axis..after that index the turret..turret is not locked due to mechanical seatingproblem or clamp sensing problem..check mechanivcally seated and check clamp or inposition proxy or limitswitch

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Dear sudip,
    Thanking you for your reply. How can i check the turret encoder? Now i removed the encoder. when i give the command for tool rotation the turret keep on rotating and after sometime it stops by showing an error that "Turret out of position". Then again i rotate the encoder wheel by hand and check the command. Same problem occurs. If i keep the encoder on position and when i rotate it shows the same error and i can't able to make the turret in position. One more thing is that my index ring is on forward position. It is not coming back to the seating position which make the Position sensor Active. That is the main problem which i need the solution. Please reply me

Re: How to remove error " Turret out of position" in Ge fanuc 21i-t

If i check by changing the valve which is used for rotating the turret clockwise and anticlockwise i can able to take the index ring forward and backward. But it is not possible by using tool change commands. when i give the tool change commands the index ring come forward and the tool turret keep on rotating and stops by showing an error " Turret out of position" and i cant able to take the index ring backward for the seating position to make the position sensor active.

The Lathe machine which am using was ROMI BRIDGEPORT POWERPATH 15. please help me to figureout what the problem is