584,865 active members*
4,806 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > How do you retrieve the system parameters for a FANUC 10T from the IPL menu?

How do you retrieve the system parameters for a FANUC 10T from the IPL menu?

New to website and new to CNC repair. Apologize ahead of time.

Have Wasino LF-103M with a FANUC 10T controller. On power-up, it gives the IPL menu and the following--> CHECK SYSTEM LABEL: ERROR.

Other threads say to backup (or record by hand) the following: [1] certain addresses (9000, 9100-9132) and [2] the system parameters (timers, keeper relays, etc.) Then, clear memory and re-initialize.

Unfortunately, I only appear to have access to the IPL menu. I can dump the memory locations mentioned above and write down their values. But I'm not sure how to retrieve the system parameters.

The little documentation I do have does not indicate how. Nor am I able to get to a menu function that allows me to write things to a PC. Needless to say, I do not have a good, known list of the system parameters.

I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

Re: How do you retrieve the system parameters for a FANUC 10T from the IPL menu?

I am afraid that you are in trouble: when you get that screen you have to enter the # of axes and then the option in hexadecimal; that restores the system label. Doing so will probably cause the control to clear all the memory: parameters, programs, offsets etc. I don't know of a way to retrieve the info.

Re: How do you retrieve the system parameters for a FANUC 10T from the IPL menu?

I agree. Check System Label is the same as an SRAM parity. Memory will need to be cleared, then option parameters typed in via hexadecimal in IPL mode.

1. Hold "-" (dash) and "." (period) on startup
    2. select 3 for Clear file. attempt to clear anything that is NOT parameters.
    3. Cycle power. If this does not clear the alarm, then all memory must be cleared and re-entered. Hopefully you have a backup or can be provided one from FANUC or the MTB.

Sometimes the SYSTEM LABEL can be regenerated without losing the parameters but not without entering the options. On the '11' control the options are displayed on bubble pages 3 and 4, if you know where to look. Never tried that on a '10'.

When I select 3 CLEAR FILE from the IPL MENU, I'm given these choices of files to clear.

0: NC PARAMETERS
    1: PITCH ERROR DATA
    2: CUSTOM MACRO VARIABLE (500-549)
    3: CUSTOM MACRO VARIABLE NAME
    7: PROGRAM DIRECTORY
    8: TOOL OFFSET DATA
    10: PC PARAMETER
    15: TAPE MEMORY

Your advice was to "clear anything that is NOT parameters." So I clear 1,2,3,7,8 &15?? I'm thinking to do them one at a time and then cycle power to see if I'm given the option to enter the # of axes and re-enter the parameters.

Follow-up:
    1. Powered up unit while holding DASH & DOT key.
    2. At IPL Menu, I selected 3 to CLEAR FILES.
    3. I cleared the following files: 2, 3, 7 & 15.
    4. After clearing each of the above, the system responded: CHECK SYSTEM LABEL: ERROR

Not sure I should clear the remaining files that aren't parameters: 1: PITCH ERROR DATA & 8: TOOL OFFSET DATA.

start with 7 and 15; if nothing works, you may have to turn the control on while pressing '7' and '9'; that will clear ALL memory.

Unfortunately, there isn't much left. If the parameter memories blocks are corrupt, they will need to be cleared. Try all other memories (pitch and tool offset) first, then parameters will need to be cleared. If you hold 7&9 to clear all memory on startup and you still get the Check System Label, then the memory PCB is bad.

The system 10 has the volatile memory on the master board. If that is bad, you'll usually get a 911 or 912 alarm.

Latest:
    1. Tried to individually clear each file. No change. Still got the "Check System Label: Error" message.
    2. I powered on the controller while holding the 7 and 9 keys. Once it resulted in the Check System Label: END message appearing. [I tried this a couple of times.] But when I try to exit the IPL menu (option 6), it throws me back to the Check System Label: Error" message and won't let me escape IPL.

Based on the earlier [and much appreciated] comments, it looks like I have a board issue. When I look at the hardware, I see the Mother Board (A16B-1010-0321/02A) with chips in the RAM and ROM areas. I see a yellow PC Cassette (A02-0076-K0002) which says it contains ROM. I also have a few other boards, (DI/DO, CRT/MDI, AXES CONTROL, POWER UNIT) which I assume are NOT related to a memory problem. Do I need to replace the whole Mother Board or the memory chips?

For what it's worth, an operator just happened to mention to me today that this may have started after an unexpected power outage....

After a "Check System Label: Error" message, you must enter '99' and press the INPUT key.
    It will ask the question "# axes?", you enter the # of controlled axes, probably 2 unless you have a C-axis ( the spindle is normally not considered an axis) and then you will have to enter the options in hexadecimal. Do you have a parameter list?

in the first post he said he doesn't have a parameter list :-)
    he could probably skip the options and just enter 0 for all of them. if it fixes the alarm issue then go back in and enter the correct parameters.
    if it doesnt fix it first thing to try is replace all of the RAM on the motherboard.

I would not replace the ram chips unless he gets a sram parity alarm that won't clear. Remember what the system label is: a hardware and software configuration list; if that list differs from what the control sees, you get the error.

ok.
    but he could skip the tedious task of entering the options in hex and just enter 0 and then exit IPL. if no alarms then go back into IPL and enter options. Right?

yes.

Somehow, I had missed the "99" step. Thanks for the reminder. BTW, I was able to get some old parameters from a vendor. I also found some Wasino documentation for either this machine, or its cousin next door. The parameters were "close" -- that is, agreed 85% of the time?? I had also recorded the values of 9000 & 9100-913F as instructed on other threads.

1. After getting the "Check System Label: Error" message, I entered 99 <INPUT>
    2. I answered Y to the next question.
    3. I answered 2 to the # of axes question.
    4. I was prompted with OP1. I entered the Hex value for 9100. I went along as prompted.
    5. Finally, it asked me if I it was OK to clear some files. I answered Y and it cleared some files, I presume.
    6. It went through the "startup messages:"
    F10T9B 1260D
    ROM TEST :END
    RAM TEST :END
    SERVO ROM TEST :END
    LOAD SYSTEM LABEL :END
    CHECK SYSTEM LABEL :PASS
    LOAD PC PARAMETER :END
    MAP INITIALIZE :
    7. Not sure how to respond to "MAP INITIALIZE: " Tried N, Y and any number. Nothing happens. Tried just pressing <INPUT>, <RESET> and <START>. No luck. I tried cycling power. Returned to this screen. Looked through my maintenance manual and some threads on this site. No mention (that I could find) of the "Map Initialize" prompt.

What's the next step?

I too am in the dark; have never seen that (maybe to do with FAPT?)

is it waiting for a response from you, or is it just stuck and has not completed? it should probably just say END I think.
    so you might have a main board issue?

I assumed it was waiting for me to enter something. However, none of the keys I pressed appeared to do anything. I had not considered that it was waiting for the controller to do something (that wasn't happening.) That makes just as much sense. So maybe I'm looking at some hardware failure at the root cause, possibly brought about after an unexpected power outage.

go back into the IPL and enter 0 for all options. maybe one of the options was wrong.