585,715 active members*
3,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Homemade cover for VF-11

We are using a TSC1000 on our VF-11, and we have tons of coolant spraying out of the machine. we have made a light duty cover in the past, but i am wondering if anyone has ever built an aftermarket cover, that would be willing to share some pictures.

i am currently fabricating a new one, but i am getting stuck on how to finish off the door rollers??? i have a "V" track and some rollers, just need to figure on mounting them...

we are also installing an aftermarket positive interlock, as our operators seem to think its a great idea to bypass the door interlock.... so this is why i need to figure out how to support the door better.

and we are also installing a mist eliminator.

thanks.

Re: Homemade cover for VF-11

I would install the mist collector first, then see what areas you need to address. The mist collector is likely going to do a better job than you think it will if it's a good brand and is sized correctly.

Re: Homemade cover for VF-11

thanks Matt@RFR.

we have made a couple pieces for the cover, and are getting ready to install them. i have to lighten them up a bit, and put some lexan in the cover to allow a bit more light into the machine. as for the mist extractor, i think the company is AEROEX mist eliminators (not sure which one)? that's the brand we have on other machines. not sure if they are a good brand or not? they seem to work for what we are doing.