584,865 active members*
5,058 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Hole wizard crashing when selecting geometry in v24

Hole wizard crashing when selecting geometry in v24

Hello All, every time I select geometry in the hole wizard it crashes? Any Ideas? Thanks

Re: Hole wizard crashing when selecting geometry in v24

ZIP a .bbcd file and post it up here so we can see what's going on. What build of V24 are you using?

Build 546 you can open bobcad just draw a circle go to hole wizard to do any tool go to select geometry and it will crash? also go to Cam Part milling tools try to insert tools it will crash

Quote Originally Posted by skippyfix View Post
    Build 546 you can open bobcad just draw a circle go to hole wizard to do any tool go to select geometry and it will crash? also go to Cam Part milling tools try to insert tools it will crash
    Try the attached file, done in V24 Build 546, works fine here. It is just a straight pecked hole not using a centre drill, if it works here it should work for you

If not then it sounds like a bad install or similar

Attachment 261380

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Quote Originally Posted by skippyfix View Post
    I'm not 100% sure I'm following exactly what you are doing, but I have not been able to get V24 to crash. In the time I've had it, which has been quite a while now, I really haven't had many crashes in V24. Other than being slower to use and having fewer features than V26 and V27, it was a pretty stable system that didn't give me much trouble. Here's a quick video of making a hole op, in two ways (with chamfer and without). I have eliminated the step drill from my "no chamfer" option, since I work with plastics or wood products mostly where it doesn't require a step drill first.

I also created a new drill in the milling tools, and had no problems there either. Let me know if what you are trying to do is what is in the video, and if not, describe what you are doing differently.

link to video:
    https://files.secureserver.net/0sdODng3M8j6RT

Thanks for the file, it will run fine the way it was sent, but when I try to have a second drill on the same circle it shuts down? I have found if I skip the geometry in the ole wizard set up everything else first then come back and select the geometry it wont shut down? I have been using v24 since it came out never had this problem. Thanks

I don't have V24,but in V23,25,26 my workflow is a tiny bit different.You can use a point instead of an arc.Just my liking.....Maybe try that?

It still will shut down using points, I can use v23 and works fine it is like the hole wizard in v24 is broke. I have reloaded the software redown loaded the service update still will not work. I use v24 every day just started shuting down yesterday. just trying to find a fix, I can workaround the problem but did not spend all the money for work arounds!

Can you upload a problem file ?

Does everything in your cutting conditions and tool pattern files look right ?

It does not matter if I draw a new part or try to use a file from the last 4 years it still will not work. work up till yesterday?

make sure these in the pics exist still

another thought is maybe windows screwed something up.System restore to a point back when you know the software worked.Best wait,and see if member Burr see's this.His advise would be best.