585,775 active members*
4,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > highliglting for picking lines/drilling

Angry highliglting for picking lines/drilling

I am thinking about getting a Tormach 1100 within the next 6 months or so I have downloaded Sprutcam 9 first as I have no cnc experience and of course all the utube video's are version 7 & 8. I have no problem with the end mills and it machines fine but I can't seem to get the cursor to highlight any holes for drilling or pick lines any ideas what I am doing wrong? Another problem is when I run in inches the simulated machine is really small the part is huge in comparison generating colisions when run, in mm the machine is normal size and works fine does sprutcam run in inches or is there a box I have to check off? I have tried it using viacad and 123d.

Re: highliglting for picking lines/drilling

I started a thread called now you see me! It explains some of the model navigation.
    Also depending on how or what form its imported ".igs" work best and the model might need to have faces sewn.
    If you import ".stl" or other types of files I have found very little ability to select features or use in general. "they are ok to use as cast stock for parts, (advanced users)"
    Also the tool bar has the objects filter buttons " read or review sprutcam help file " search for object filters.
    Look over help and video files all over net will also help most of it is not version dependent.
    Take your time, learn and practice. I would not expect good results and easy navigation for a while!
    md

Thanks for the reply yes there is always a learning curve! So is sprucam as good as I think it is? I have been using stl files I'll have to see if it will make the Igs files with via cam or 123d, can I convert them in another program from the stl files? Or should I check into another cad systym?

well I changed it to a igs file in viacad 2d 3d and had no problem highlighting the holes or with the drilling operation so so far so good thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by tom o View Post
    So is sprucam as good as I think it is?
    No problem glad I can help!

I get amazing results!
    Only having problems now and then working out how to setup a new detailed operation I have never used or tried.
    After working it out, its no problem to make some notes and or save the operation defaults and use on future projects.
    I learn something new each and every time I use it. And find new, fast and creative ways to model, mill, fixture and control job assignments.
    So many ways to get results it amazes me! It is a yoyo program "your on your own" And mostly up to user to understand how to apply!
    It will take time
    md

In my suggestion you can use these type of drilling tools and equipments:-

Descripton :-
    Size: 1" x 50-ft Stainless Steel Armor Covered
    5000psi WP coupled with Carbon Steel