585,768 active members*
4,103 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > High frequency step input Stepper Driver

High frequency step input Stepper Driver

Hi all,

I am looking for an AC 110V or 220V stepper driver that will accept more than 200khz of step frequency. I have some leadshines and quite like them but they only take 200khz..... Its silly because you can actually set them at 25500 steps per revolution.. but at 200khz max input step frequency that will limit the motors rpm way too low.

I found a Parker driver that will take 2Mhz as the catalog says. But thats an industrial driver and its probably quite expensive and I am not sure it will run smooth like a leadshine?

Does anyone know of a driver as such?

thanks,
    cheechy

Re: High frequency step input Stepper Driver

I have a parker E-AC stepper driver I bought off ebay for $40 new. It seems work as good as a gecko 201 as far as the anti-resonance feature. It's smooth and fast with high 2mhz stepper pulse rate. It is expensive but they do come up on eBay.

Is there a specific reason why you need such high steps per revolution? Geckodrive states that you don't really get any more resolution by having higher than 10microsteps.

Thanks jfong,

yes, the reason why i need this high granularity is because the motion profiler is tuned to a very specific steps per mm output or else it does some crazy ****... I'd love to work off 10Microstep off a chinese drive... but I am forced to use 8000ppr at least.

I will check out ebay.

I have sent a message to Leadshine and also Geckodrive on the custom section.

I think the 200khz limitation for some drives could be due to the input optocoupler. Most are pretty slow. This will void the warranty but you could remove the opto and replace with a compatible faster version. Highly not recommended unless you know a bit about electronics....
    Send leadshine a email if this could be done at all and if it would make a difference for their drives.

I did that with a really old gecko 202 drive. once.