584,860 active members*
5,399 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Mini Lathe > HF 7 x 10 and cnc4pc c41 wiring

HF 7 x 10 and cnc4pc c41 wiring

ok, I'm a complete dummy when it comes to electronics and have spent way too much time trying to figure this out. I'm no longer enjoying the build and just want to start running the lathe and learning to program it.

somehow I thought that I would be able to cut off one end of a RJ cable and wire that into the lathes control board, however I'm not sure if that is even possible maybe I need to use the screw in terminals??

According to Arturo,I don't need an external power supply , added relays or added DPDT switches as needed with the C6 board.

So in short,can anyone put this in dummy terms for me? which wire goes where? if I can use the RJ cable or do I need to use the screw terminals? and to which terminal on the lathe board do they go (p1, p2, p3, p4) ?

I know this is probably easy for some, but not me and I'd rather not electrocute myself or burn up some boards.

For the record Arturo is very helpful, I just think that most people dealing with this stuff assume that everyone else does. I am just over my head and at my wits end.

Attached is a PDF, 1st page is the lathe board, second is the c41 board and third is the pins for the RJ cable of the c41 board

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Kyle

Re: HF 7 x 10 and cnc4pc c41 wiring

Can you take a few real pictures of your boards?

The C41 info is here:CNC4PC

Are you running a G540 also? Also dont get discouraged, we have all been there and it is confusing or I have a learning disability or both?
    A lazy man does it twice.

Re: HF 7 x 10 and cnc4pc c41 wiring

here are some pics of the C41 and the lathe board also the diagram for the lathe board. I've read through the C41 probably 50-60 times, just makes no sense to me. I'm not using the G540 the link below is the package that I bought from cnc4pc

any help is greatly appreciated , when there's warnings everywhere about the possibility of blowing up boards or being electrocuted, it gets me worried to just take a shot at something.

CNC4PC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C41-1.jpg   C41-2.jpg   7x10 Board.jpg   7x10 Diagram.pdf