584,860 active members*
5,347 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Help needed with arrow 500 bearings

Help needed with arrow 500 bearings

hi all, i have just brought a used arrow 500 and now its set up i have done a bit of machining with it.

it seams ok and very nice to set up and use but i am struggling to get a good surface finish, only machined 7075 T651 so far and the machine seams to be lacking in rigidity. even with light finishing cuts i am getting a ruff surface with a face mill and when profiling i just get a dull irregular judder almost. the machine indexes very well but there seams to be a fair bit of play between the bed and the spindle (side to side not up and down)

i am more used to brand new machines with hardened box ways at work but this is for my own stuff at home so a brand new machine is not an option, am i expecting to much from an old machine with linear bearings? would it be worth putting new linear bearings in the Z? or all round for that matter?

if anyone with experience of these machines could give there ideas that would be great!

thanks in advance,
    Richard

I AM GLAD TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO INTRODUCE OURSELVES AS ONE OF THE LEADING SUPPLIERS OF Precision Bearings use for CNC and Machine tool ,AND Radial-Axial bearings WHICH ARE MAKE OF Wafangdian Tianjiu Bearings Technology Co.,Ltd.

WE ARE IN THIS BUSINESS SINCE LAST FIFTEEN YEARS; IN THIS SPAN OF TIME WE HAVE SUPPLIED PRECISION IN ALMOST ALL THE CONTINENTS OF THE WORLD.

BESIDES, WE DEVELOP HIGH-PRECISION YRT ROTATED BEARINGS, MACHINE TOOL MAINSHAFT BEARINGS AND MOTOR PRECISION BEARINGS. THE PRECISIONS OF OUR BEARINGS HAVE REACHED LEVELS OF P5, SP, P4 AND UP.

FEATURED BY HIGH PRECISION, LOW NOISE, HIGH ROTARY SPEED, HIGH QUALITY AND LONG SERVICE LIFE, OUR PRODUCTS SAVE USERS’ COST AND SHORTEN PURCHASE TERM. WIDELY APPLIED TO COMMON MACHINE TOOLS, CNC MACHINE TOOLS, LARGE / MIDDLE MOTORS, PRECISION ROLLING MILLS, ETC., OUR PRODUCTS FILLED THE DOMESTIC BLANKS AND CAN SUBSTITUTE IMPORTED PRODUCTS.

THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE PRECISION BEARINGS AND OTHER GOOD QUALITY BEARINGS AVAILABLE, CAN SUPPLY FOR YOU WITH BEST QUALITY.

WE HOPE CAN CORPORATION WITH YOUR COMPANY.

WE CAN SUPPLY OUR BEST PRODUCTS FOR YOU.

THANK YOU !

REGARDS!

--------------------------
    Lixingwen(栗星文)
    Wafangdian Tianjiu Bearings Technology Co.,Ltd.
    (Wafangdian Heavy Bearings Researching & Manufacturing Co.,Ltd.)
    Brand:WZFB
    Web: 瓦房店天久轴承科技有限公司(原 瓦房店重型轴承研究制造有限公司)
    Tel: 0411-85366785
    Fax: 0411-85366785
    Mobile:+86-15942617721
    E-mail:[email protected]
    Q Q : 178702120

Do our best to give customer best service.

Re: Help needed with arrow 500 bearings

It depends on how much you have spent on the machine. If you got a great price on it, then puting more cash into it to make it right is not a bad option. It would be best to have the over all condition evaluated before jumping into more spending. If the spindle and othe expensive items are OK, then linears are cost effective.

Re: Help needed with arrow 500 bearings

How are you measuring the play in the head?? How much play are you getting?? Most of the problems we see in the field is bad ball screw thrust bearings in each axis and spindle taper that needs to be re-ground to get better contact area with the tool. This will cause a bad finish every time. We don't see the axis way bearings going bad unless it has been crashed very hard and caused a problem in the Z-axis. Have you checked the bolts that hold the bearing packs to the head?? Does the Z-axis or any axis sound bad in rapid?? All you should hear is the way guards hitting together.

Mike cncmachineservices (dot) com