585,737 active members*
4,818 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help needed, cutting in reverse

I finally got my 3040 chinese column engraver 4 axis to run. It is manual operated spindle. An issue I had in setup was I believe x,y and a ran backwards when I manually jog machine. Solution I did from reading about it was to go to homing limits and check those 3 reversed. After doing so, I hit tab key, use jog screen to move machine and everything went correct direction.
    So, I do a test. I loaded a rod in the 4 axis, zero machine where to begin and run the program. 2 hrs later it finished. The part was cut absolutely perfect, BUT it is backwards! Sorta hard to explain..an ambulance comes to mind, how the letters are backwards but in a rear view mirror correct...but even that isn't quite right. Imagine the word BUS. When cut is is SUB. But not just SUB, each letter is backwards, so the B has straight line on the right and curves left. The up down direction is correct though, so it's not upside down just backwards and flipped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Re: Help needed, cutting in reverse

A very curious thing I didn't notice before. The machine physicall jogs in the correct direction. There is an image on the screen, the toolpath image. The toolpath image is wrong too. I see a face looking down but it's supposed to be looking up. This almost makes me thing there's an issue with my g code that is generated by visual mill. BUT the problem with that theory is that I am cutting this exact code on my Syil x5 right now and it is correct direction.

you need to go to
    config
    homing/ limits
    and reverse the X and Y ( make them red )

Ijust helped a friend a week ago with his mill and it was the exact same issue

Thanks learn. I was able to find some help on the Mach forum. Reversing was the problem but it was A that was running backwards.

Did you get it figured out . I think you had the settings wrong like I was saying