585,779 active members*
4,230 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > HELP GETTING CAD/DRAWING PROGRAMS ON BIESSE ROVER 24 WITH CNI-1000 CONTROL???!!!

Exclamation HELP GETTING CAD/DRAWING PROGRAMS ON BIESSE ROVER 24 WITH CNI-1000 CONTROL???!!!

Good morning all, i hope this is in the correct section to ask these questions etc.

I run a Biesse rover 24 cnc machine with cni-1000 control at a on it for a wood worling company for the last 6 years,
    i use it by just purely programing raw g-code into it due to the nature of the individual componets i run for curved units etc and plus the fact its never had any cad/converter software on it either.

After many years of looking into and trying to get the boss to get some cad cam/drawing software it never happend due to the cost of the programs.

So i thought id come on here and ask you guys with the wide range of knowledge thats available etc.

I appreciate its a million dollar question as there are so many programs etc available.

Im just trying too see if anyone can point me in the right direction of a test/sample or full cad,cam,drawing, converter programs that work best on my machine.

I would like to be able to import files say dxf or dwg of our company logo and machine it in the back of our kitchen doors?
    or simply have a drawing package that i can can draw up items and then machine it into wood like logos but i understand there need to be a converter installed for the control to undrestand ehat to cut etc?

We also get cad drawings of items from our designers that we have to make so it would also be great to import them and be able to break the individual parts down for what i have to machine. be great if someoner could tell me what i need to be able to do this? im guessing the cad software is drawn on? but then how can i turn it into what i have to machine? converter software?.

Im new to all the cad etc but with a few friends being designers i have a little idea but not on what i needto get cad working on my machine etc.

Any help or info will be greatly appreciated.

many thanks
    chris
    wilthshire, england

Re: HELP GETTING CAD/DRAWING PROGRAMS ON BIESSE ROVER 24 WITH CNI-1000 CONTROL???!!!

I am not familiar with your machine but from the sounds of what you want to do take a look at Vectric's line of products.
    Vectric Ltd - Passionate About CNC
    If you are doing logos and such Vectric's Vcarve Pro or for 2 1/2d work Aspire(pricey) may fit the bill. They both are cad and then can generate toolpaths and G code. Full functional trial versions are available and excellent support.

Good Luck
    Mike

Re: HELP GETTING CAD/DRAWING PROGRAMS ON BIESSE ROVER 24 WITH CNI-1000 CONTROL???!!!

Hello Chris,

We have a very good value system - Dolphin PartMaster which will fit the bill.

We have customers who have Beisse machines and have post processors (the part of the system which creates the G codes) to suit these machines.

You can contact me at [email protected] and we can have a chat.

ATB
    Andre

Many thanks for the reply people, much appreciated.
    is there any way of getting any sample/test programs so i can try to see if they work with our cnc and control system etc?
    we have nothing cad related at all so starting right from scratch so testin is vital beofre purchasing.
    Many thansk chris

Vectric has fully function trial versions

Alphacam is the industry standard for running woodworking machines like Biesse, SCM and Homag. Alphacam has raster to vector conversion that will take a bitmap picture and convert it in to machinable vector gemetries. There is a also Vectrics Aspire for Alphacam option.

You can easily get free version of Alphacam and 'Aspire for Alphacam' by phoning them and asking.