584,805 active members*
4,987 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > Has anyone bought from Changzhou Longs-Motor?
Page 1 of 2 12

Has anyone bought from Changzhou Longs-Motor?

http://cgi.ebay.com/3Axis-Nema-34-St...ht_3601wt_1139 and
    http://cgi.ebay.com/4Axis-Nema-34-St...ht_3144wt_1139

Looking at buying one of them, but prices seem too good to be true. Any opinions? Chinese stuff, but would it work?

Quote Originally Posted by MrArmyAnt View Post

Looking at buying one of them, but prices seem too good to be true. Any opinions? Chinese stuff, but would it work?
    I would try to buy from sellers with ratings over 98.5%. They also have not sold many of them on ebay. Support would be a problem I think. Try torcheads site. http://www.candcnc.com/ At least you can harass him here on the zone.

WSS

Quote Originally Posted by MrArmyAnt View Post

I can tell you this kit is not compatible.
    1: 24V power supply is too low for this motor
    2: The Motor has low current but very high Inductance.
    3: The total cost is more than $500 ($385.90 + $125.90)

check here
    http://www.kelinginc.net/CNCPackage.html

David

Dang. Well I need a custom kit, and am running something like 4:1, will it be able to mill aluminum at 380oz? it doesnt need to be fast. Also someone had a link somewhere to a 12ft rack for 80 dollars?

Thanks in advance.

wait, by the way, nema 23 can do 570oz?

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Axis-Stepper-M...#ht_779wt_1137

Longsmotor CNC kit from Ebay

I recently bought one of these kits and it has no documentation. If anyone out there has this kit up and running with Mach3 please take a look at the schematic link and let me know about any wiring problems you can spot, thanks!

The machine breakout board has a green LED lit and the motor driver has a red LED lit (think this is where the problem is).

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I believe the following are problems.

Your pulse and direction signals should be to the negative terminals on the drivers from the BOB
    Feed +5v to the positive terminals of the step and direction of the drivers
    Enable - isn't usually required
    Enable + should be 5v

The only 24v you need is to the DC pwr and ground on the driver.

Please wait for someone else to confirm before making the changes.

Mary Chen from Longs Motor

Hello, everyone, i am Mary Chen from Longs Motor, this is our company official ebay store: Longs Motor Co Ltd items - Get great deals on CNC Router, Hybrid Stepper Motor items on eBay Stores!. For our company website, that is Stepper Motor/Stepper Gearmotor/Stepper Motor Driver wholesaler and supplier.

I just checked talkers said that didnt get the instructions. Usually for manuals and instruction, we usually sent them by electrical files, which is more convininent. So when you received the packages and didnt know how to wire, you can contact us, and we will send them one by one.

After you read these manuals and still dont know how to wire, you can also email to us ([email protected]), we will helo you in technique.

In addition, if anyone who has some questions about our company products or using, you can leave messges to me in ebay or CNCzone or [email protected].

Mary

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 4R8 View Post
    I believe the following are problems.

Your pulse and direction signals should be to the negative terminals on the drivers from the BOB
    Feed +5v to the positive terminals of the step and direction of the drivers
    Enable - isn't usually required
    Enable + should be 5v

The only 24v you need is to the DC pwr and ground on the driver.

Please wait for someone else to confirm before making the changes.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for your input. I was able to replace the dead on arrival kit power supply, and I hooked up the kit with the break out board power by a separate 5V supply.

As soon as I connected the parallel port, the Break out board LED would go dim. - I was unable to get the motors to move using Mach3 V2.0 - Does this kit require a config file?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also tried using the break out board without the external 5V power supply. JP1 and JP2 are in place, but the Green LED is not lit. (Is the board broken?)
    Again I was unable to get the motors to move using Mach3 V2.0 - Does this kit require a config file? Should I try replacing the break out board?

Hello, dear madam or sir,

Our ebay store has some update. That is the newest one:

CNC Router, Hybrid Stepper Motor items in Changzhou Longs Motor Co Ltd store on eBay!

If anyone has questions about our company products, please feel free to contact me. My email address " [email protected]"

Best regards

Mary Chen

Stepper Motor/Stepper Gearmotor/Stepper Motor Driver wholesaler and supplier

Quote Originally Posted by longsmotor99 View Post
    Hello, everyone, i am Mary Chen from Longs Motor, this is our company official ebay store: Longs Motor Co Ltd items - Get great deals on CNC Router, Hybrid Stepper Motor items on eBay Stores!. For our company website, that is Stepper Motor/Stepper Gearmotor/Stepper Motor Driver wholesaler and supplier.

I just checked talkers said that didnt get the instructions. Usually for manuals and instruction, we usually sent them by electrical files, which is more convininent. So when you received the packages and didnt know how to wire, you can contact us, and we will send them one by one.

After you read these manuals and still dont know how to wire, you can also email to us ([email protected]), we will helo you in technique.

In addition, if anyone who has some questions about our company products or using, you can leave messges to me in ebay or CNCzone or [email protected].

Mary

Hello, dear madam or sir,

Our ebay store has some update. That is the newest one:

CNC Router, Hybrid Stepper Motor items in Changzhou Longs Motor Co Ltd store on eBay!

If anyone has questions about our company products, please feel free to contact me. My email address " [email protected]"

Best regards

Mary Chen

WWW.LONGS-MOTOR.COM

Quote Originally Posted by longsmotor99 View Post

Mary

Re: Has anyone bought from Changzhou Longs-Motor?

I buy a kit from them on ebay last year and now I am trying to set it up but there is no info and they send me a very very bad drawing of the wiring I try different wirings and still no response from mach3

I got a 3 axis nema setup from longs-motor.. I just received the wiring diagram as well.. It makes sense.. It doesnt seem too complicated, It just refers to needing an additional 5vdc/2A power supply for the breakout board.

Quote Originally Posted by longs_motor View Post
    Hi,
    This is Cherry from Longs Motor.
    You dont need to order additional power +5V for the board,the detailed info we can send to your email,so please send your confuse to [email protected]
    Thanks
    Regards
    Cherry
    Yes you do. Ihave the 3 x nema34 with 3 x 60v power supply units. There is no other way of powering the breakout board which comes with it (DB25a) unlss you use an additional power supply. This was also instructed by Mary @ longs motor.

The wiring for these units uses the negative as the driver for pulse step and direction. So you combine the positives as a constant power and connect the -5vdc from the breakout board to the stepper drivers. (EG: pin 1 goes to negative step on the driver ) this is within the documentation I received from longs motor.

Anyway fellow forum users.. The support for these things are in very broken English and can be hard to explain but my units have the accuracy and repeatability down to 0.01mm / 10 microns using chinese ballscrews and I have no problem with them so far and even in direct drive without pulleys, they have enough power to stall a 1kw motor.

here is a demo and also my settings using LinuxCNC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58iKd2Mioes

I hope this helps...

I bought a kit from them a year ago, one drive was not working. Sent them a few e-mails, they never got back to me. I assume that support also non-existent.

Could you provide us the detailed info?
    We should check it with our engineer,and we have our own EU warehouse now,if it was our falut ,we can send it from our Eu warehouse to you directly now.
    Please contact us : [email protected]
    Thanks.
    Reagrds
    Cherry

I've purchased a couple of kits from them. One of the kits is still in the box while the other is on my just-finished CNC Router.

The CNC Router setup has what seems to be a dead-on-arrival power supply. Of the 3 power supplies that shipped, 2 work while the third makes a clicking sound.

I've sent them an e-mail and await their response.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddz View Post
    I've purchased a couple of kits from them. One of the kits is still in the box while the other is on my just-finished CNC Router.

The CNC Router setup has what seems to be a dead-on-arrival power supply. Of the 3 power supplies that shipped, 2 work while the third makes a clicking sound.

I've sent them an e-mail and await their response.

Hi there, we check our sales history, we check you only bought 1 set of 3-axis Nema 34 stepper motor 1232 oz.in on Ocb 7th, 2014 on Ebay. We did not find that you buy couple of kits from our company. So please make a confirmation for it at your side.

And it has been a year already since you receive it. We didnt know what happen in these past 1 year after you receive this parcel. I also replied to you in email, you can have a check.

Regards

Mary

Hi Mary,

Your records are wrong then. I have a 3-axis set of nema 23 270oz that were bought through ebay... the contact email is [email protected]. you may want to ask him. I'll email you the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddz View Post
    Hi Mary,

Your records are wrong then. I have a 3-axis set of nema 23 270oz that were bought through ebay... the contact email is [email protected]. you may want to ask him. I'll email you the info.
    Yes, i contact Peter and found it. And will reply your email

Page 1 of 2 12