584,865 active members*
5,018 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > Gibbscam Machine Simulation. Please help!!!

Gibbscam Machine Simulation. Please help!!!

Hi All!!

I was hoping someone out there would be able to give me some advise/help with configuring a machine simulation in GibbsCam.

We currently have Gibbs 2013, 5 Axis Simultaneous with machine simulation and an MDD/post for a Hurco VMX-60SR Mill. Also, I have machine itself AND the .iges model of the said machine from Hurco.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me combine all this and get the simulation working.

My employer bought all this for one job a few years ago (which we didn't even end up doing!!?) and the whole 5 Axis package has never been used since. We have never even tested it on the machine. I usually program 2 axis lathe work in Gibbs, and it's been a good 2-3 years since I last did the 5axis and solid modelling training courses, and so as you can imagine, I'm struggling to get by!!

Unfortunately, I very much doubt that my employer is likely to re-instate the Gibbs maintenance without good reason as it really gets expensive once you have all the 5 axis stuff added on to it. I thought if I can get the simulation working, it might go some way to convincing the powers that be that we should be making some use of all this technology we invested in (and obviously give me more of an excuse to play with it!!!)

Im sure with all the components we already have, it's just a matter of sticking it all together, but I don't know where to start!!! Any help anyone could give me would be most appreciated.

Steve (N.E.England)

Re: Gibbscam Machine Simulation. Please help!!!

You might try the Gibbscam forum. My experience is it gets a bit complex getting machine simulation working. If you could get back into maintenance that would be a big help to you.

E-MAIL ME I CAN HELP
    ([email protected])

Montie: Thanks for the advise, but I doubt I can get them to spend more money on this ATM. It's one of those frustrating situations where I can see the potential in getting this Gibbs/5Axis setup up and running, but I dont hold the purse strings :-)
    And Machinefreak: Thanks, I have emailed you :-)

Steve.