585,753 active members*
3,807 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

G code verification software better options???

For learning purposes at school we have n-vision software made by fanuc to verify programs. Problem is it sucks it's only 2d runs in mhmm.....dos? For my own use it would be nice to pick up some software that I can input a program by lines and see it run. I would like something that will show tool changes, can cycles ect and also run in multiple control formats or all of them. We have fanuc 6m control on the mills. Give me both ends of the price range value for me and best I could maybe get the school to buy cause they need something better.

Thanks -Mark

Mark
    I would check out NCPlot. I use it everyday to confirm code. Great thing about it is that it will backplot macro b.

Brian

I also use NcPlot, it is a nice simple compact program that does Macro B.
    I have seen more expensive back plotters with better graphics and correspondingly higher computer system requirements (blot ware) but none that will do Macro B.

Any the guy who wrote/writes it has a forum on this board.

Like already said, check out NcPlot, you can get the free version, or they have the pay version. Both versions are great, but the pay version is really great.

The guy that wrote the program is MetLHead, here on cnczone, he is a good guy, & will help with any ?'s about his program.

NcPlot also has it's own place here on cnczone.

I think I read someplace that NcPlot also has student discounts for the program.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

there is also software called vericut. don't know anything about it but I have seen them at tradeshows.

Matt

The rep. for our Schutte cnc ran a demo of vericut, it was pretty advanced.

You could load a simulation of the entire machine (not just the toolpath), it was cool, but lagged on the laptop, it was a big time memory hog.

Still it was a cool program with great graphics, I'm sure with a huge price tag.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Thanks I might go ahead and pick up ncplot. Is there any others though that show the tool size and stock before and after cutting. I got a trial of cutviewer mill which I like less than ncplot but it shows the cutter and stock. Though it won't show different size cutters ie: no tool changes. For most things just seeing a tool path will work fine but complex parts with multiple tool changes could become confusing it would seem.

-Mark