584,829 active members*
4,886 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > forced tool change

forced tool change

Our shop hired a new programer that SUCKS. He is using Gibbscam, and i am not familiar with it. I know Mastercam. The problem i have is when you are using 1 tool to cut multiple features on one part Gibbscam bundles all the code together into 1 sequence. On Mastercam i can tell it to FORCE TOOL CHANGE and i have a new sequence for every feature i want to cut. This allows me to skip and jump around the program and dial in features with out waisting time. What is this called on Gibbscam and how do i apply this function to a program?

Re: forced tool change

It's not Gibbs so much as it is the post he's using. Have your Gibbs dealer alter the post to put out a full start-up stanza at the beginning of each operation. This may become a problem when working with controllers like 6M's where memory is short.
    "Teach the ignorant, care for the dumb, punish the stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by eucjosh View Post
    Our shop hired a new programer that SUCKS. He is using Gibbscam, and i am not familiar with it. I know Mastercam. The problem i have is when you are using 1 tool to cut multiple features on one part Gibbscam bundles all the code together into 1 sequence. On Mastercam i can tell it to FORCE TOOL CHANGE and i have a new sequence for every feature i want to cut. This allows me to skip and jump around the program and dial in features with out waisting time. What is this called on Gibbscam and how do i apply this function to a program?
    You don't have to force a tool change,unless you are changing the tool, & then that is a simple Tool Call, you just have to do the operation that you want to skip around, if it is the same tool it will do what you are programming it to do, no matter what you want it to do, it's all in the selected operation, if you have 10 different features you want to adjust on, then do the operation for each feature, & then you can adjust each one
    Mactec54

Create a new tool tile with the exact same information as the original tool. Give it a Tool ID and CRC / Length Offset of the same tool.
    When you alternate between the original tool and the 'tool id' tool, it will force a tool change.