584,866 active members*
5,076 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc Oi-t... I don't want it to round off corners...

Fanuc Oi-t... I don't want it to round off corners...

I have a Hwacheon Hi-Tech 200c lathe with a Fanuc Oi-t control. When programming G01 moves it will automatically round off the corners, which in some cases comes in handy, but sometimes I just dont want that. I'm not using a tool nose radius comp. I learned that all I have to do to make a sharp corner is to just put a blank line in the program between the two moves where I want a sharp corner, but the problem comes in when I want to program a certain radius. Lets say I need a radius smaller than what the control is giving me automatically, but not a sharp corner, im stuck.....

Is this a G code? M code? something in the parameters or what? My other machine doesnt put and radius on the corners unless I program is to do so.

any suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Fanuc Oi-t... I don't want it to round off corners...

Turn on exact stop. Not sure what g code off hand, computer is busy making a part.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray D View Post
    I have a Hwacheon Hi-Tech 200c lathe with a Fanuc Oi-t control. When programming G01 moves it will automatically round off the corners, which in some cases comes in handy, but sometimes I just dont want that. I'm not using a tool nose radius comp. I learned that all I have to do to make a sharp corner is to just put a blank line in the program between the two moves where I want a sharp corner, but the problem comes in when I want to program a certain radius. Lets say I need a radius smaller than what the control is giving me automatically, but not a sharp corner, im stuck.....

Is this a G code? M code? something in the parameters or what? My other machine doesnt put and radius on the corners unless I program is to do so.

any suggestions are appreciated.
    Hi Ray,
    You can use G09 or G61 for Exact Stop. G61 is Modal and is valid until G64 or G62 is commanded. G09 is only effective in the Block in which its commanded. Accordingly, if you don't want Exact Stop for every Bock, then G09 will allow you to be selective.

Regards,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by angelw View Post
    Hi Ray,
    You can use G09 or G61 for Exact Stop. G61 is Modal and is valid until G64 or G62 is commanded. G09 is only effective in the Block in which its commanded. Accordingly, if you don't want Exact Stop for every Bock, then G09 will allow you to be selective.

Regards,

Bill
    I saw these codes in the book the other day and tried them and it said something along the lines of "improper g-code"..... maybe im using it wrong??