585,762 active members*
4,412 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fanuc o md yang

Hello all,
    I am Franco from Malta a I am a new member . I have a Yang milling machine MODEL -SMV-600 MFG.NO Z00672 DATE 1998.10 with Fanuc O MD control which I would like your help regarding some problems I am having .I started commissioning this machine a couple of weeks ago , The machine starts up fine but gives a low pressure alarm .I changed all air hose as I didn't realize their condition was so bad . After this, all seemed fine but I still cant get the machine to move .It is not homing nor the spindle is turning .It is making no movement at all. It seems that all is powering up fine and I have no alarms or errors whatsoever but no movement. I have had help from a friend which is familiar to this control and also he couldn't get it to move or home.we also triedto take a look at e ladder diagram but we couldn't as the password I have I guess doesn't match. Any help will be much appreciated .

Thank you in anticipation

Re: fanuc o md yang

I think some control FANUC model O can't see leader.
    You wiil check air pressor sensor first.

Thanks for you fast reply !! Air pressure sensor seems to be ok ! And after changing the air hose the low air pressure alarm went off! Now i have no alarms but still no movment . i tought that the ladder dig would help me diagnose the problem !

Can you check servo drive? How much green LED lite?

All axis mark green led with a double 00 on digital screen ! But the spindle amplifire shows -- but still has green led :/ i was wondering if this was a problem wouldnt there be an alarm ? When i switch of the drives the spindle amplifire goes on 24

That is normal, the spindle drive stays -- untill it is turned on.
    Maybe a door switch interlock?

Hi ! Im thinking is somthing stupid i am doing as this is my first cnc . Will the switch interlock give an alarm if defected ?? Thats why i wanted to take a look at the ladder diagram ! Is there another way to know if they are defected ?

Can it be somthing to do with thr tool changer ? If i am understanding , the spindle amplifier is not ready ?

Spindle amplifier is not active untill the spindle is running. Axis are on. That is normal.
    Tool Changer would normaly give a fault. Interlocks on doors would not.
    If you have a print you can check your X bits on the DGN page.

Franco,

I had a problem similar to this on my 1986 with a Fanuc 11m. The machine builder wired up both the normally open and normally closed contacts on the pressure sense switch. When I turned on the air valve the "low air" alarm would go off but the machine would still not function. Turned out that one of the contacts was bad (I don't remember if it was the NO or the NC contact). After replacing the switch the machine came on and operated as it should.

Charles

First chance ill have this week i will check the air system and the door switches as it seams that both wount give an alarm and the machine stayed off for quite a log time so all the hoses dirapeared and i am afraid that i connected somthing wrong ! Also i have to check if the dook switches are working as they should ! Thanks to all of you ! You gave me a start ! I will keep you updated ! If any more ideas pls let me know ! Thank you all !!

Hello all!
    I have checked the door interlocks and air pressure sensor and all is fine. I found out that out that on the operators pannel everthing was switched off but now i turned them on but still didnt move a mm ! The ladder would be a big help but ist saying its self protected ! Im locked , dont know what to do anymore . I even checked the 24v and it seems to be ok

RE: Ladder Display - Check parameter 60.2. I believe it has to be off, but whatever state it is in try changing it and see if the ladder will display then.

Dear Friends
    I have a same milling machine(Yang smv600 - 1998 fanuc o-md)
    i faced a problem with machining the curves.
    When we increase the feed rate, the dimension of circles decrease.
    for example when we want too machine a 30 mm cylinder from a aluminum block, if we set the feed rate on 1000 mm/min the final part's diameter is 29.8, and if we increase the feed rate too 2000 the diameter decrease to 29.5 mm.
    Could you please guide me about this problem.
    Regards

Dear Friends
    I have a same milling machine(Yang smv600 - 1998 fanuc o-md)
    i faced a problem with machining the curves.
    When we increase the feed rate, the dimension of circles decrease.
    for example when we want too machine a 30 mm cylinder from a aluminum block, if we set the feed rate on 1000 mm/min the final part's diameter is 29.8, and if we increase the feed rate too 2000 the diameter decrease to 29.5 mm.
    Could you please guide me about this problem.
    Regards

The parameter for ladder display is 60.2

Dear franco
    I have a same machine(Yang 600 fanuc o md), i have some problems with control parameters, could you please send me your machine parameters back up file. I want to check the differences.
    Thanks for your help in advance.
    Regards
    Mustafa

Quote Originally Posted by franco- View Post
    Hello all!
    I have checked the door interlocks and air pressure sensor and all is fine. I found out that out that on the operators pannel everthing was switched off but now i turned them on but still didnt move a mm ! The ladder would be a big help but ist saying its self protected ! Im locked , dont know what to do anymore . I even checked the 24v and it seems to be ok
    Hi all, first post/response on this forum, I had the same problem on my machine a year ago, no alarms, no movement at all.
    I found out that it was a blown fuse, I tried to start the coolant pump and nothing (checking EVERYTHING to see what was working and what wasn't), that's when I knew it wasn't sensor related.
    My fuse is near the conveyor and coolant contactors, big and white, set of three.

Hope this helps a bit, good luck.