585,712 active members*
4,045 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc ac spindle servo unit

Hi
    I have a fanuc ac spindle A06B-6044-H009
    What is going on is the spindle will run at its slowest speed when I try to turn up the speed it trip out causing alarm #2 and when it runs slow it is not smooth it jerks and bangs.
    So what I have done is checked all transistor modules and don't see andthing shorted out. I don't have any blown fuses. I used a scope and checked the speed feedback signal looks okay.I used a insulation tester on my Motor that looks fine. I have replaced the board on the front of the drive Can anyone help me it this Problem??
    Thank you

also when the spindle is runing its running at W% 125%

Sounds like it could be the pulse feedback generator?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

dear you just minimise the gap of pulse generator's sensor & rotating disk. use a paper while adjusting.

I have a fanuc ac spindle servo unit A06B-6055-H212 ,alarm led is 2 by spindle don't activities
    Can anyone help me it this problem ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sun View Post
    I have a fanuc ac spindle servo unit A06B-6055-H212 ,alarm led is 2 by spindle don't activities
    Can anyone help me it this problem ? Thanks
    is there a separate contractor controlling the motor power cables?

are the contacts inside burned?

remove motor power cables and use a ohm meter to measure between the phases.. you need to see a short..

the feedback sensor (cn2 connector) might be bad...

you need to check PA PB check pins with volt meter on DC setting..

check all the plastic fuses on the top board for opens...

possible bad transistor inside drive..

if that doesnt help call fanuc

IDX,

Had a similar problem on a lathe recently, was a PITA to find.

Turn out the toothed ring on the back of the motor was loose on the shaft (supposed to be pressed on).

Dont know how this happened. every thing looked good turning by hand and even 2 examinations of the sensor and ring missed it. Apparantly the torque of the motor and responsivness of drive would cause this ring to slip back and forth and drive fought to maintain proper speed.

Extremely jerky like a misfire or lost phase or something and 125% jerky load meter.

Locktited sensor ring

ac spindle servo unit alarm

I have a Tree 325 w/ dynapath delta 20 controller.
    (2) Problems
    One, every so often I can't run the machine due to the alarm (2) comes up .
    I have a alarm page for the light pattern and it says It's over voltage due to the tap selection i have chose. Thing is not running taps this time. But if I shut everything completely down. try in 1/2 hour sometimes I get power up to spindle.
    What gives , is this a fuse going bad. nothing looks burned or shorted out on top card . Can't see bottom card to much.

2) With the delta 20 controller, when I go into handwheel to touch off a tool or whatever, i get a power surge jump that sometimes kicks out and have to reset. I have had most everything rebuilt at Dynapath as far as upgrades but this was a issue that i sent into company , they say its fine. Go figure...

So I use the jog buttons and get close. works for me . Sucks though when I cant trace this problem. anybody got any ideas????

FANUC AC SPINDLE SERVO UNIT #

Just wanted to add that the fanuc board # is A06B-6052-H002

The alarm 2 and jerky rotation is almost always the square wave duty cycle is not set even . You really need a 'oscope to do this correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by jdeere4250 View Post
    The alarm 2 and jerky rotation is almost always the square wave duty cycle is not set even . You really need a 'oscope to do this correctly.
    most of the time its the sensor that is the problem.. or the transistors are bad inside the drive..

I have an alarm 2 problem on a 6044-h007 drive . How do you tell if its the sensor or drive?
    If I had something important to say it would be here.

Cool Problem Solved

Well its been some time now and have finially solved my issues with the Delta 20. It ended up being over voltage problems at my home site. 260 volts in and the Tree was sensitive . Finially got a Buck /Boost Transformer and tied it in. Been running for over 6 months now ,

Like a Cadillac.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I have an alarm 2 problem on a 6044-h007 drive . How do you tell if its the sensor or drive?
    by checking the transistors and feedback from the motor

I havent done this before and dont have a manual for this drive, Do you have the procedure for doing this? I do have a scope. I believe one is needed for this.
    Thanks Drew
    If I had something important to say it would be here.

Re: Fanuc ac spindle servo unit

I have Dah Lih mcv-1350 with fanuc 11m , I need some help because spindle not responding to speed parameters it turns but only at one speed very slow and only on one direction

Hello, good day, I have an active alarm 2 of the spindle, the controller could help me.

The control of the Spindle servo unit A06B-6041-H103