585,771 active members*
4,334 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 18i Model B single axis control on multi-axis type FSSB servo amplifier

Fanuc 18i Model B single axis control on multi-axis type FSSB servo amplifier

Greetings everyone,

I have a Fanuc 18i Model B LCD mounted control running a multi-axis type FSSB servo amplifier (A06B-6096-H301). Now the problem is that I'm trying to jog 1 axis at a time on a multi-axis servo amplifier. I tried disabling 2 of the axes and setup the first axis as the X axis, but the problem is every time I reset the control I get the servo alarm 401 (V ready off). I tried to set the other 2 axes as Y and Z. Then I tried to detach them from the control, but I got the servo alarm 404 (V ready on). My question is is it possible to run 1 axis at a time on a multi-axis servo ampilifier with a type FSSB interface? I know it's possible on the earlier versions on the servo amplifiers by terminating the JV*B port. And if possible what would be the required parameters to make this happen?

Re: Fanuc 18i Model B single axis control on multi-axis type FSSB servo amplifier

I found a parameter in the parameter manual that may allow you to do this. 1005 bit 6 (MCC) Look it up in your parameter manual.

Re: Fanuc 18i Model B single axis control on multi-axis type FSSB servo amplifier

I tried using that parameter, but still had no luck. The servo alarm 401 keeps coming up. I'm not using the MCC signal, could it be that I have to disable this signal in order for the servo alarm 401 to go away?

I have never have use this but I assume you would set 1005.6 on all three axes for that drive. x1xxxxxx where x=don't care. Also you might have to set parameter 1800.1 as well

I think i know what the problem is. My system isn't using the door interlocks which would cause the servo alarm 401. Is there a way to disable this safety function such as setting a keep relay or would I have to wire up a switch?

Jumper out the connector CX4 on the power supply.

I have the E Stop circuit wired up to that using a NC contact on the connector CX4 so that's good. I tried disabling the dual check safety function using the parameter 1902.6, but still no luck. In the manual B-63494EN/01 it also mentions that you have to disable output (MCF) from the I/O. Do I have to physically add a switch or relay or is there a G code that I can use to turn it off?

I didn't realize you had Dual Check Safety. Your best bet would be asking the machine's manufacturer on how to bypass it. They are several ways that they could have set this up and they are going to be your best bet on how to by pass it. I have very little experience with DCS, so I am not going to be much help at this point. Sorry