585,991 active members*
4,574 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 18i- MA "Not Ready" on startup!

Fanuc 18i- MA "Not Ready" on startup!

Hello! We have Cincinati VMC 750 Machine with Fanuc 18i MA control(LCD mounted type).Few days back,when machine was started in morning (Push "On" button on control),booting takes place(i.e,files r transferred from FROM to DRAM) successfully.After booting,black screen comes out on which fanuc software No. is written and at the bottom of this screen,"Not Ready" is written(Control get stuck there). I have checked emergency switch(Only one is installed on Machine) and limit switches of X,Y,Z axes but they r working properly. When "Not Ready" screen is shown, "LED 1" and "LED 3" Green status LEDs situated on control back side(Unit rear view) r bright and they keep on bright.No red Alarm LED is ON.
    Kindly can anyone help me how to fix this problem.i shall be thankful ..

Re: Fanuc 18i- MA "Not Ready" on startup!

Oh Boy! I had the same problem. At first we thought it was the graphics card. In the end it ended up being the motherboard. To be more specific the communication part of the motherboard that tells it to go to the next part of the startup sequence. I had to replace my motherboard. Sorry to give you the bad news. I hope you have a better result.

99,kindly can u tell me wht exactly do u mean by motherboard?do u mean the electronic card on which status leds and alarm leds r mounted?can u tell its card no?Thankyou for ur earliest attention...

Yes the main electronic board in which all the serial cables will be attached to it. The main cover should say 1 PSU. It should have a serial number similar to this A16B-3200-210/02B. Fanuc will repair or replace your board. It depends on how fast you need your machine up and running. I bought a refurbished board from them because I was not going to pay an extra $1000 for a new board. Before you remove anything BACK UP ALL OF YOUR MACHINE'S PARAMETERS, DIAGNOSTIC PARAMETERS, TIMERS, ETC....!!!!!!! I had a service tech come in and try to save mine but to no avail. Fortunately I had a backup but I was missing a few that the machine seller added in. It took a whole day to get it back to normal. Call a service tech to verify and maybe he'll be able salvage your parameters unless you have them on disk or hard copy then you're good. Unfortunately this fix is not cheap but it was the only way to get my machine up and running again.

99! do u have this same machine cincinatti sabre VMC 750 with fanuc control 18i MA ??or just this fanuc control on which problem occurred?

I have a 2001 Femco kfv-40 with the Fanuc 18-m controller.

If it is your motherboard, we may be able to help you. The problem can also be in a module. Where are you located?

hello everyone.. May be blower can't work. So today I see it. And the other way; if you carried your machine please check your phase. I see that too..