584,858 active members*
4,594 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

FANUC 0T parameter problem

Hello;

A friend of mine has a Fanuc OT / CNC lathe Whacheon Model ECO-2 and lost the parameters due to a bad battery. We managed to get it working except for the Tool change turret which works manually but doesn't work (the turret keeps on rotating ) from a T code. We suspect it is a parameter problem because it was working fine before the battery problem.

Your help will be sincerely appreciated.

Best regards,

kreutz

Its possible there should be a macro for it, also timer settings, if these are lost, then this is most likely the problem.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thank you, Al;

Do you have any documentation to guide us with the macro and timer settings fix? We don't have a parameter list nor a service /maintenance manual available. The manufacturer of the machine says they don't have any documentation available either

Best regards,

kreutz

I have OT manuals in PDF if you PM me an email add, but I do not have macro's or setting for that particular machine, you would need to get hold of either another user of the same M/C or the OEM.
    (Oh I see the OEM can't help either)?
    Al.

Albert E.

Hello Al;

Thanks a lot!!!

Best regards,

kreutz

most likely PMC parameters are missing so common Fanuc manuals won't help.
    You need the PMC parameters. Or as suggested a copy of them from someone with the same machine.
    Why can't the OEM help? They should have backups for warranty/service purposes.

See if your dealer can get a copy of the parameters, including timers, keep relays, and also see if you can get a maintenance procedure to reset tool numbers. Someone should have sold another machine exactly like yours somewhere in the world. Your Hwacheon dealer should also be able to get you that information from the factory. While some companies are lax with support, I would not expect this from a company this large. Make some noise.

just to clarify: pmc parameters are called diagnostics on that control. They can be outputted with the regular parameters.If you have a printout/file of the parameters, they may contain the diagnostics.

Hello;

PMC board is not installed on this lathe.

Recently the manufacturer sent us a couple of parameter sheets from equipment whose serials are close to our own s/n but not exactly the same one. What we are still missing are (probably) custom macro(s) and schematics in order to troubleshoot the NC machine's hardware just in case it is a sensor problem. We think it is a parameter/macro problem (as pointed out by Al) because the machine was working fine just before the battery failure.

I sincerely appreciate all your help.

kreutz

Today we loaded the parameters provided by the manufacturer but the turret is still malfunctioning. Now, while jogging manually from any tool position to the next, it gives the following alarms: Turret Error 1110 and Clamp Error 1150. No alarms while working with a Txxxx command but the turet turns around and doesn't stop.

Manual Reference for the turret works normally, it turns and stops at position 1.

As soon as we have a set of working parameters we will do a backup

kreutz

Serial Back up, including 900 options.
    Al.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Albert E.

Hello Al;

Thanks again!!!

Best regards,

kreutz

Problem solved!!

We received a list of parameters from a machine with a serial number close to my friend's, that solved the parameter problem but not the turret problem.

Hwacheon tech support provided a schematic for the turret proximity switches and a hint from a similar case where the culprit was corruption in a few diagnostic parameters. We asked the prior owner of the machine and they had a series of screen-shots of the diagnostic parameters taken by mistake a year ago (they were trying to save a copy of the parameters at the time), we restored those diagnostic parameters and the problem was solved.

Thanks a lot to all of you!!

kreutz

yep, the DGN settings are all important. especially when working with a external PLC, even more so when it's a non-FANUC PLC.

If I'm right, Chances are that the FANUC CNC control was sold to the OEM by FANUC and so FANUC supplied the basic parameters and option parameters to the OEM, so FANUC would have a copy of what was sold to the OEM, but sometimes unless you're a dealer you wouldn't nessisarily get access to these.

Need Help-Lost all diagnostcs of HWACHEON ECO-2N Fanuc OT model

Hi do have the same problem with you after i get the parameters the turret cannot rotate in T code even also the tail stock. I can not get the diagnostic .If you get some solution please help me.Any one who have a manual may help me to solve this problem spatially the diagnostic.

Re: FANUC 0T parameter problem

Anyone needing the parameters and diagnostic settings, please, contact me. The photos of the parameter and diagnostic screens on our machine (Whacheon lathe with Fanuc-0T) are in a 160 Mb zip file. I can upload them to a file sharing place if necessary (for a short time, that is why I am not posting a link).

Best regards,

kreutz

Hello,
    I have a fully functional FEMCO DURGA 25E lathe. I have the manuals that have the wiring lables, a parts manual, a Fanuc ot Operators manual and the Fanuc Maintenance Manual. I dont have a backed up copy of my parameters, I have only taken photos of them. If anyone needs info, I may have it so feel free to PM me.

Here is my cnczone thread on this machine.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/general-metalwork-discussion/97833-cnc.html

Chich

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz View Post
    Anyone needing the parameters and diagnostic settings, please, contact me. The photos of the parameter and diagnostic screens on our machine (Whacheon lathe with Fanuc-0T) are in a 160 Mb zip file. I can upload them to a file sharing place if necessary (for a short time, that is why I am not posting a link).

Best regards,

kreutz
    Any chance you still have these? i need diagnostic parameters for 1988 ecostar 2

Thanks for your kind support my mail address is " dmmtsy@ yahoo. com" . You can send me with this address your 160MB zip file.
    Best Regards
    Desale

I lost parameters for mori seiki SL15 fanuc 0T c PMC-M controller . I find from SL25 . But i can not input DGN parameters DGN 300-600. Mode switch not effective,only MDI. NC parameters input work. 900-930 too. Please give me parameters or how i can inpuc PMC dgn parameters?

Page 1 of 2 12